|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wittman's story in the tradition of?
(a) The Greek Couple
(b) The Star Crossed Lovers
(c) The Heroic Couple
(d) The Tragic Lovers
2. What does Sung Chiang mean?
(a) Colliding Planet
(b) Timely Rain
(c) Angry Cow
(d) Hungry Horse
3. What card game is Zeppelin playing when Wittman visits him?
4. Where does Mr. Sanchez work?
(a) The unemployment office
(c) The theater
5. What does the elderly woman teach Wittman?
(a) An old Chinese proverb
(b) The correct answers to qualify for unemployment
(c) Positive body language
(d) An old Chinese folk song
6. Where is the town that the monk confronts?
(d) New York
7. Where did Zeppelin and his friends take Popo for a picnic?
(a) The mountains
(b) The river
(c) The forest
(d) The meadows
8. What does Wittman go downtown to register for?
(b) Film extra work
(d) Satelite television
9. What do the Flying Lings perform?
(d) The Can Can
10. What is Loong's nickname?
(a) Slippery Snake
(b) Little Dragon
(c) Hairy Horse
(d) Angry Goat
11. What kind of names do the women in the play have their names translated to?
(a) Russian names
(b) Japanese names
(c) German names
(d) American names
12. What kind of dancers were Wittman's aunts?
(a) Can Can dancers
(b) Cora Lora dancers
(c) Mora Mora dancers
(d) Flora Dora dancers
13. What does Wittman say Loong deludes himself about?
(a) His good looks
(b) His kung fu abilities
(c) His ethnicity
(d) His acting abilities
14. What does Wittman give Tasa for a wedding present?
(a) Ae recites a poem
(b) He recites a story
(c) He gives her a scroll
(d) He sings her a song
15. Where did Zeppelin take Popo to gamble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lance and the Yale poet mix their Asian accents with?
2. What kind of permit do the firemen tell Wittman he should have?
3. How does Wittman persuade his mother to dance at his show?
4. Who does Wittman say created negative stereotypes of the Chinese?
5. Who does Wittman call at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)