|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does WIttman think his mother has sent his grandmother?
(a) A nursing home
(b) An asylum
(d) A bordello
2. What does the elderly Chinese woman usually work as?
(a) A gun cleaner
(b) A fruit packer
(c) A croupier
(d) A mechanic
3. What does Popo say Wittman's parent abandoned her like?
(a) A skunk
(b) A murderer
(c) A cat or dog
(d) A moldy walnut
4. What is Chang also called?
5. What does Wittman give Tasa for a wedding present?
(a) He recites a story
(b) Ae recites a poem
(c) He sings her a song
(d) He gives her a scroll
6. Who does Wittman call at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) His father
(c) His mother
7. Why can Tasa not call in sick to work?
(a) She is meeting a friend for lunch
(b) She needs the money
(c) She has an important meeting
(d) She wakes up too late
8. What does Wittman say to prevent his mother from worrying?
(a) I am not sick or in trouble
(b) My life is going fine
(c) I am eating well and keeping warm
(d) I have just found a better job
9. Where did Zeppelin take Popo to gamble?
10. What does Popo have in the box?
(a) Bread rolls
11. What do the Flying Lings perform?
(b) The Can Can
12. What was the name of the Lone Ranger's faithful sidekick?
13. What is the name of Popo's new husband?
(a) Chow Yung
(b) Lemon Hoo
(c) Lincoln Fong
(d) Jackson Pei
14. Why does Wittman have trouble registering at the unemployment office?
(a) He does not have a marriage certificate
(b) He does not have a driver's license
(c) He does not have a birth certificate
(d) He does not have a passport
15. What is the name of Wittman's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Siew Loong with him?
2. Where is the town that the monk confronts?
3. Which President does Wittman reference in this chapter?
4. Who asked Popo to marry him?
5. What kind of permit do the firemen tell Wittman he should have?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)