|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Wittman Ah Sing major in?
2. What is the name of the special day Wittman's mother is celebrating?
(a) Fah Pong
(b) Mah Jong
(c) I Ching
(d) Goo Yaa
3. What is the name of the bus Wittman takes downtown?
4. What does Lance claim all the girls at the party are?
5. What movie director does Wittman reference?
6. What position was Witttman demoted from?
(c) Full-time clerk
(d) Management trainee
7. Where is Wittman sent to get a bicycle?
(a) The parking lot
(b) The stockroom
(d) A bicycle shop
8. What is Wittman's three-day play based on?
(a) American folklore
(b) Greek myth
(c) Chinese myth
(d) Japanese myth
9. Where does Wittman tell Nanci he was born?
(a) In a New York taxi
(b) In an alleyway next to a Chinese restaurnat
(c) Backstage at a vaudeville theater
(d) On the beach at the English seaside
10. Who of the following is not a winner of the party?
(a) Harry Franks
(b) Judy Lois
(c) Charles Bogard Shaw
(d) Nanci Lee
11. What is the nationality of the woman Witman meets on the bus?
12. What is the name of the boat's singer?
(a) Jung Ging Lu
(b) Paulo Lopez
(c) Magic Monkey
(d) Joang Fu
13. What does Wittman want to call his theater company?
(a) The Apple Tree Players of Eden
(b) The Romping Players of Chinatown
(c) The Pear Garden Players of America
(d) The Player's Players
14. What does A.J.A stand for?
(a) Americans of Japanese Ancestry
(b) Armenian Jack of America
(c) Americans of Jewish Ancestry
(d) Army Jocks with Attitude
15. What kind of car does Tasa own?
(a) A Mercedes
(b) A Porsche
(c) A Caddilac
(d) A BMW
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man tell Wittman that he once was?
2. What of the following types of people does Kerouac not mention in his poem?
3. What can Wittman hear in a room nearby?
4. What is Louise's position at the department store?
5. Where is the girl going to in Oakland?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)