|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wittman's three-day play based on?
(a) Japanese myth
(b) Chinese myth
(c) Greek myth
(d) American folklore
2. What do the grandmothers smash with mighty blows?
(b) Egg plant
3. Which two characters get married in this chapter?
(a) Wittman and Sunny
(b) Wittman and Tasa
(c) Gabe and Tasa
(d) Sunny and Lance
4. Which Bible character does Wittman reference in this chapter?
(a) Mary Magdelene
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) Joseph of Nazareth
(d) John the Baptist
5. What movie director does Wittman reference?
6. What university did Wittman Ah Sing attend?
7. What is the name of the special day Wittman's mother is celebrating?
(a) Fah Pong
(b) Goo Yaa
(c) Mah Jong
(d) I Ching
8. Which character marries Wittman and Tasa?
9. What character will Lance be in Wittman's new play?
(a) Gwan Goong
(b) Chang pei
(c) Hoo Lui
(d) Liu Pei
10. What does Wittman call the oriental man's accent?
(a) LA Chinatown
(b) San Fran Japanese
(c) Quirky American Chinese
(d) Hong Kong San Francisco
11. What does Wittman do to discourage people from sitting next to him?
(a) Lies across both seats
(b) Throws his coat across the empty seat
(d) Puts his bag on the empty seat
12. Which of the following books does Wittman reference in this chapter?
(a) Far From the Maddening Crowd
(b) Divine Comedy
(c) Vanity Fair
(d) The Tin Drum
13. What does the girl want Wittman to ask her?
(a) If she can speak Chinese
(b) If she wants a sweet
(c) For a date
(d) What she is reading
14. What kind of dancer was Wittman's mother?
(a) A can-can dancer
(b) A twist dance
(c) A strip dancer
(d) A ballet dancer
15. What is the title of Wittman's most recent play?
(a) King of Monkeys
(b) Prince of Thieves
(c) Princess of Men
(d) King of the Forest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wittman hope he can get as a permanent job?
2. Where is Wittman sent to get a bicycle?
3. What is the name of the street Wittman walks down?
4. What film does Wittman watch?
5. Where did Wittman buy his three piece suit?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)