|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people discuss the best health food stores?
(a) Heroin addicts
(c) Animal right protesters
(d) Cocaine addicts
2. Where do Wittman and Tasa travel to to look for Wittman's grandmother?
(d) San Francisco
3. Which of the following does Wittman contemplate buying at the market?
(b) A burger
(c) A hat
4. What does Tasa do for a living?
5. What does Lance call his group of young businessmen?
(a) The Young Millionaires
(b) The Millionaires in the Making
(c) The Rich Runts
(d) The Potential Bucks
6. Which English poet does Wittman reference?
7. Which of the following books does Wittman reference in this chapter?
(a) Divine Comedy
(b) Far From the Maddening Crowd
(c) Vanity Fair
(d) The Tin Drum
8. What is Nanci tired of being typecast as?
(a) A farm girl
(b) A Japanese geisha
(c) A cheer leader
(d) A Chinese prostitute
9. Which two characters get married in this chapter?
(a) Wittman and Sunny
(b) Gabe and Tasa
(c) Sunny and Lance
(d) Wittman and Tasa
10. Why is Wittman different from most other Chinese men?
(a) He has brown hair
(b) He has a long nose
(c) He is fat
(d) He is tall
11. What university did Wittman Ah Sing attend?
12. What special ingredient does Charles put in the omelet?
(d) Hallucinogenic mushrooms
13. What does Wittman want to call his theater company?
(a) The Apple Tree Players of Eden
(b) The Player's Players
(c) The Romping Players of Chinatown
(d) The Pear Garden Players of America
14. What kind of seafood do the grandmothers chop?
15. What does Wittman call the oriental man's accent?
(a) LA Chinatown
(b) San Fran Japanese
(c) Hong Kong San Francisco
(d) Quirky American Chinese
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Wittman Ah Sing major in?
2. What of the following types of people does Kerouac not mention in his poem?
3. Who does Nanci compare Wittman's work to?
4. What does Lance claim all the girls at the party are?
5. What film does Wittman watch?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)