|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 3 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who portrayed Lewis Hale in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Gino Chelakis
(b) Andrew Stabler
(c) Alexander Hampton
(d) George Cram Cook
2. Who played the role of George Henderson in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Andrew Vestile
(b) Michael Hulgan
(c) Madison Dirks
(d) James Warner
3. According to the Introduction, where was Trifles first performed?
(a) The Lucille Lortel Theater
(b) The St. James Theatre
(c) The Oak Park Theater
(d) The Wharf Theatre
4. For how many months did Susan Glaspell cover the John Hossack murder case?
5. Where was the theatrical collaboration that Susan Glaspell and George Cram Cook formed originated?
(a) Bay Ridge, New Jersey
(b) New York, New York
(c) Rutland, Connecticut
(d) Cape Cod, Massachusetts
6. What sentence was the murder suspect given for the murder of John Hossack?
(a) Death by electric chair
(b) 25 years in prison
(c) Life in prison
(d) Death by hanging
7. How many articles did Susan Glaspell write as a reporter that covered the John Hossack murder case?
8. What character did Susan Glaspell portray in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Mrs. Hale
(b) Mrs. Peters
(c) Mrs. Wright
(d) Mrs. Samuel
9. According to the Introduction, during what years did Susan Glaspell work as a reporter for the Des Moines News?
10. When did Susan Glaspell marry George Cram Cook?
11. What important theatrical collaboration did Susan Glaspell and George Cram Cook found?
(a) The Provincetown Players
(b) The Public Theater
(c) The Cincinnati Players
(d) The Greenwich Players
12. When was Trifles first performed?
(a) September 25, 1919
(b) March 12, 1885
(c) August 8, 1916
(d) July 15, 1901
13. According to the Introduction, what weapon was used to kill John Hossack?
(a) A rope
(b) A gun
(c) A knife
(d) An axe
14. According to the Introduction, who played the role of Henry Peters in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Preston Lorio
(b) Mark Whitburg
(c) James Harris
(d) Robert Conville
15. In what year was John Hossack murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a founding member of a famous theatrical collaboration, Susan Glaspell arranged for the first ever reading of a play by what famed playwright?
2. Who was accused of the murder of John Hossack?
3. Where did the trial for John Hossack’s murder take place?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)