|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When speaking with Mrs. Peters, Mrs. Hale claims, “I know how things can be—for” what?
2. Who does Henry Peters tell that they will be right out as he goes into the other room with George Henderson?
(a) Dr. Lloyd
(d) Lewis Hale
3. For how many months did Susan Glaspell cover the John Hossack murder case?
4. Mrs. Peters claims that “[t]he law has got to” do what?
(a) Uphold itself
(b) Collect taxes
(c) Be right
(d) Punish crime
5. Trifles is seen by critics and theorists as an early example of what dramatic genre?
(a) Absurdist drama
(b) Realist drama
(c) Feminist drama
(d) Dadaist drama
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hale’s final line of the play?
2. Whom does George Henderson say “doesn’t need supervising”?
3. George Henderson remarks that “a Sheriff’s wife is married to” what?
4. Where does Mrs. Peters say she and her husband homesteaded before?
5. Near the end of the play, at what sound does Mrs. Hale snatch the box?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)