|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what region of the United States is Trifles set?
(a) The Northeast
(b) The Midwest
(c) The South
(d) The West
2. Near the end of the play, where does Mrs. Peters attempt to hide the jeweled box?
(a) Her shawl
(b) Her coat pocket
(c) Her hat
(d) Her handbag
3. What does Mrs. Hale feel she should take her hand off of once the men reenter, but finds herself unable to do so?
(a) The sewing basket
(b) The birdcage
(c) The bread basket
(d) The preserves
4. What word from the stage directions refers to something that lacks serious content?
5. Who invites the women to come up to the fire in the beginning of Trifles?
(a) George Henderson
(b) Dr. Lloyd
(c) Henry Peters
(d) Lewis Hale
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright pointed when he asks her where Mr. Wright is?
2. In the narrative, Mrs. Hale says, “Not having children makes less work—but it makes” what?
3. Whom does George Henderson say “doesn’t need supervising”?
4. Which of the following is a recurring motif in Trifles?
5. Which of the following is a central theme in Trifles?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)