|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trifles is seen by critics and theorists as an early example of what dramatic genre?
(a) Realist drama
(b) Dadaist drama
(c) Feminist drama
(d) Absurdist drama
2. What character asks “By the way, has anything been moved? Are things just as you left them”?
(a) George Henderson
(b) Henry Peters
(c) Lewis Hale
3. George Henderson remarks to the Sheriff that there is “[n]o sign at all of anyone having” what?
(a) Injured the doors
(b) Called the home first
(c) Come from the outside
(d) Murdered John Wright
4. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright pointed when he asks her where Mr. Wright is?
(a) Toward town
(b) To the kitchen
(d) To the barn
5. Near the end of the play, where does Mrs. Peters attempt to hide the jeweled box?
(a) Her coat pocket
(b) Her handbag
(c) Her hat
(d) Her shawl
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Introduction, who played the role of Henry Peters in the original production of Trifles?
2. What word from the stage directions refers to something that lacks serious content?
3. Who played the role of George Henderson in the original production of Trifles?
4. What character is described as “a young man”?
5. According to the stage directions in the opening of the play, what is Lewis Hale’s profession?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)