|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character asks “By the way, has anything been moved? Are things just as you left them”?
(b) George Henderson
(c) Lewis Hale
(d) Henry Peters
2. What is the Sheriff’s response when asked, “You’re convinced that there was nothing important here—nothing that would point to any motive”?
(a) Nothing here but kitchen things
(b) Nothing here but trifles
(c) Nothing here but women’s things
(d) Only the stale bread
3. Who does Mr. Hale say he is going to town with when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
(d) Dr. Lloyd
4. In what year was John Hossack murdered?
5. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Then why can’t I see him?”
(a) Cause he’s away
(b) Cause he’s dead
(c) Cause he’s sick
(d) Cause he’s in the barn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
2. Near the end of the play, what does Mrs. Peters attempt to take from the box but cannot bring herself to do it?
3. What character in the play is based on the real-life figure of Margaret Hossack?
4. What do the women find in the fancy box in Mrs. Wright’s sewing basket?
5. What color dress does Mrs. Hale describe Mrs. Wright having worn when singing in the choir?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)