|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is perceived to have killed Mrs. Wright’s pet in the narrative?
(a) Lewis Hale
(b) George Henderson
(d) John Wright
2. Near the end of the play, at what sound does Mrs. Hale snatch the box?
(a) The doorknob turning
(b) A dog barking
(c) The doorbell ringing
(d) The horses approaching
3. Mrs. Hale remarks to Mrs. Peters, “Well, I don’t see any signs of” what “around here”?
4. Where in the house does all of the action of the play take place?
(a) The front porch
(b) The kitchen
(c) The parlor
(d) The bedroom
5. According to the Introduction, who played the role of Henry Peters in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Preston Lorio
(b) Robert Conville
(c) Mark Whitburg
(d) James Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. George Henderson remarks to the Sheriff that there is “[n]o sign at all of anyone having” what?
2. Mrs. Hale says of Mrs. Wright, “I should think she would ‘a wanted a” what?
3. What does Mrs. Hale notice about Mrs. Wright’s stitching on her sewing in one section?
4. Who asks the County Attorney, "Did you want to see what Mrs. Peters was going to take in?"
5. What item does Mrs. Peters say Mrs. Wright had asked for, calling it a funny thing to want in jail?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)