|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Introduction, what weapon was used to kill John Hossack?
(a) A rope
(b) An axe
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
2. At what time does Mr. Hale knock on the Wrights’ door when he discovers the murder?
(a) Past 8:00 a.m.
(b) Past 10:00 a.m.
(c) Before 3:30 p.m.
(d) After noon.
3. Where does Henry Peters say a man had gone crazy the day before?
(a) Williams Hospital
(b) Washington Park
(c) Morris Center
(d) James Center
4. As the women are alone downstairs, what items of clothing does Mrs. Peters carry in the room?
(a) A jacket and shawl
(b) A blouse and coat
(c) A dress and skirt
(d) A hat and skirt
5. Whose now abandoned farmhouse provides the setting for Trifles?
(a) John Peters’
(b) James Wikins’
(c) John Hossack’s
(d) John Wright’s
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Peters say she and her husband homesteaded before?
2. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright pointed when he asks her where Mr. Wright is?
3. Which of the following is a central theme in Trifles?
4. What kind of fruit does Mrs. Hale find in an unbroken jar in the cupboard?
5. Mrs. Hale tells Mrs. Peters, “She used to ____. He killed that too.”
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)