|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a central theme in Trifles?
(a) Father and son relationships
(b) Political ambition
(c) Nature versus nurture
(d) Gender differences
2. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Why, what did he die of?”
(a) He was killed by burglars
(b) He died of a rope round his neck
(c) He died of pneumonia
(d) He died of a gunshot
3. Who claims “Somebody should have been left here yesterday”?
(a) Lewis Hale
(b) John Wright
(c) Henry Peters
(d) George Henderson
4. What is Mr. Hale’s response when asked of Mrs. Wright, “How did she seem to feel about your coming?”
(a) Well, she seemed happy to see me
(b) She began weeping when I came in
(c) Why, I don’t think she minded—one way or other
(d) Well, I think she wanted me to go
5. What kind of pattern do the women see in Mrs. Wright’s sewing in the sewing basket?
(a) A barn pattern
(b) A dress pattern
(c) A butterfly pattern
(d) A log cabin pattern
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
2. Where was the theatrical collaboration that Susan Glaspell and George Cram Cook formed originated?
3. Mr. Hale says that he stops by the Wrights’ home to ask John Wright about sharing what?
4. Before they depart, Henry Peters remarks to Mr. Henderson, “I just want you to come in here a minute, George. We ought to take a look at” what?
5. How many years ago does Mrs. Hale say Mrs. Wright sung in the town choir, prior to her marriage?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)