|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Hale recall having said, “No, he’s dead all right, and we’d better not touch anything” when he discovered the murder?
(a) Dr. Lloyd
2. The success of Trifles rests largely on what dramatic/literary device that means the audience is aware of facts not grasped by characters in the play?
3. What word in the stage directions, meaning ashamed or embarrassed, describes the women when the men return from upstairs?
4. According to the Introduction, what weapon was used to kill John Hossack?
(a) A knife
(b) A gun
(c) An axe
(d) A rope
5. What is the Sheriff’s response when asked, “You’re convinced that there was nothing important here—nothing that would point to any motive”?
(a) Nothing here but trifles
(b) Only the stale bread
(c) Nothing here but kitchen things
(d) Nothing here but women’s things
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the role of George Henderson in the original production of Trifles?
2. After the men reenter from upstairs, who says he is going to stay at the Wright home by himself?
3. Who does Henry Peters tell that they will be right out as he goes into the other room with George Henderson?
4. What character asks “By the way, has anything been moved? Are things just as you left them”?
5. What does Mrs. Peters tell Mrs. Hale that she knows?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)