|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence was the murder suspect given for the murder of John Hossack?
(a) 25 years in prison
(b) Death by hanging
(c) Life in prison
(d) Death by electric chair
2. Where does Mrs. Hale begin to sit but then steps back while the women are alone downstairs?
(a) The sofa
(b) The kitchen table
(c) The bed
(d) The rocking chair
3. What is Mrs. Hale’s final line of the play?
(a) We call it—quilt it, Mr. Henderson
(b) Let’s call forth the hounds!
(c) We call it—knot it, Mr. Henderson
(d) Yes sir, let us be out of this place
4. What does Mrs. Hale say was in the Wright home but was not used in the murder?
(a) An axe
(b) A gun
(c) A noose
(d) A dagger
5. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the narrative, Mrs. Peters says, “Somehow we just don’t see how it is with other folks until” what?
2. As the men reenter from upstairs, George Henderson remarks, “But you know juries when it comes to” what?
3. The success of Trifles rests largely on what dramatic/literary device that means the audience is aware of facts not grasped by characters in the play?
4. Of what does Mrs. Peters say, “They’re superstitious, you know. They leave”?
5. Near the end of the play, where does Mrs. Peters attempt to hide the jeweled box?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)