|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Henderson ask the women as the men return from examining outside?
(a) Well, ladies, have you made the fire warmer yet?
(b) Hello ladies, how has the investigation been going for you?
(c) Well, ladies, have you gotten Mrs. Wright’s things ready?
(d) Well ladies, have you decided whether she was going to quilt it or knot it?
2. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
3. What is the name of the short story that Susan Glaspell adapted Trifles into?
(a) The Last Trial
(b) The Trial of a Century
(c) The Canary
(d) A Jury of Her Peers
4. Where in the house does Mrs. Peters find a birdcage?
(a) The attic
(b) The basement
(c) The cupboard
(d) The bedroom
5. In what year was John Hossack murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of the play, what does Mrs. Peters attempt to take from the box but cannot bring herself to do it?
2. What does Mrs. Hale notice about Mrs. Wright’s stitching on her sewing in one section?
3. How many articles did Susan Glaspell write as a reporter that covered the John Hossack murder case?
4. What word in the stage directions, meaning ashamed or embarrassed, describes the women when the men return from upstairs?
5. What do the women decide to take to Mrs. Wright to help pass the time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)