|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women note about the birdcage in the Wrights’ home while the men are outside?
(a) It is made of wood
(b) There is cat hair in it
(c) It is made of copper
(d) The door is broken
2. Where outside do the men go to look for evidence after they have finished upstairs?
(a) The barn
(b) The driveway
(c) The guest cabin
(d) The slave quarters
3. Mrs. Peters claims that “[t]he law has got to” do what?
(a) Uphold itself
(b) Be right
(c) Collect taxes
(d) Punish crime
4. As the men reenter from upstairs, George Henderson says,, “No, Peters, it’s all perfectly clear except” what?
(a) A reason for doing it
(b) An alibi
(c) A weapon
(d) How they got in
5. Where do the characters go first upon entering the house?
(a) To the bedroom
(b) To the bathroom
(c) To the closet
(d) To the stove
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sheriff’s response when asked, “You’re convinced that there was nothing important here—nothing that would point to any motive”?
2. Near the end of the play, where does Mrs. Peters attempt to hide the jeweled box?
3. Trifles is seen by critics and theorists as an early example of what dramatic genre?
4. What word does Mrs. Hale refer to Mr. Wright as, which indicates that he was tight with money?
5. Who does Mr. Hale say he is going to town with when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)