|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Hale begin to sit but then steps back while the women are alone downstairs?
(a) The kitchen table
(b) The bed
(c) The sofa
(d) The rocking chair
2. What color dress does Mrs. Hale describe Mrs. Wright having worn when singing in the choir?
3. Which of the following is a key theme in Trifles?
(a) Sibling rivalry
(b) Sexual longing
(d) The impact of war
4. Mrs. Peters exclaims to Mrs. Hale, “My, it’s a good thing the men couldn’t hear us. Wouldn’t they just laugh! Getting all stirred up over a little things like a” what?
(a) Dead canary
(b) Broken jar
(d) Dead kitten
5. What is located on the table in the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) A dish-towel
(b) A cake
(c) Fresh fruit
(d) A birdcage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hale’s final line of the play?
2. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he says, “I want to see John”?
3. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright pointed when he asks her where Mr. Wright is?
4. What discovery by the women marks the climax of Trifles?
5. Mrs. Hale remarks that there was a man selling what kind of birds last year?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)