|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trifles is seen by critics and theorists as an early example of what dramatic genre?
(a) Realist drama
(b) Absurdist drama
(c) Dadaist drama
(d) Feminist drama
2. For how many months did Susan Glaspell cover the John Hossack murder case?
3. As the women are alone downstairs, what item of clothing does Mrs. Hale carry in the room that belongs to Mrs. Wright?
(a) An apron
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A skirt
(d) A hat
4. What is located under the sink in the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) Clean towels
(b) A birdcage
(c) Dog dishes
(d) Dirty pans
5. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Why, what did he die of?”
(a) He died of a rope round his neck
(b) He died of a gunshot
(c) He was killed by burglars
(d) He died of pneumonia
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage directions in the opening of the play, what is Henry Peters’ profession?
2. What does Mrs. Hale notice about Mrs. Wright’s stitching on her sewing in one section?
3. What word from the stage directions refers to something that lacks serious content?
4. What was Mrs. Wright’s name before she got married?
5. How do the women determine Mrs. Wright’s pet had been killed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)