|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Hale refers to Mrs. Wright as “real sweet and pretty, but kind of timid and” what?
2. What is the name of the Sheriff’s Deputy?
3. According to the Introduction, where was Trifles first performed?
(a) The St. James Theatre
(b) The Oak Park Theater
(c) The Wharf Theatre
(d) The Lucille Lortel Theater
4. George Henderson remarks to the Sheriff that there is “[n]o sign at all of anyone having” what?
(a) Murdered John Wright
(b) Called the home first
(c) Injured the doors
(d) Come from the outside
5. As the women are alone downstairs, what items of clothing does Mrs. Peters carry in the room?
(a) A jacket and shawl
(b) A hat and skirt
(c) A dress and skirt
(d) A blouse and coat
Short Answer Questions
1. In the narrative, Mrs. Hale says, “Not having children makes less work—but it makes” what?
2. What character asks “By the way, has anything been moved? Are things just as you left them”?
3. Who claims “Somebody should have been left here yesterday”?
4. What does Mrs. Peters note that Mrs. Wright had in the corner of the room?
5. Mrs. Hale remarks to Mrs. Peters, “I suppose she felt she couldn’t do her part, and then you don’t enjoy things when you feel” what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)