|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Hale describe the Wrights’ house when he arrives and discovers the murder?
2. What do the women decide to take to Mrs. Wright to help pass the time?
(a) Some cards
(b) Her quilting
(c) Her painting
(d) Her diary
3. What do the women note about the birdcage in the Wrights’ home while the men are outside?
(a) It is made of wood
(b) The door is broken
(c) There is cat hair in it
(d) It is made of copper
4. What is located on the table in the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) A cake
(b) Fresh fruit
(c) A dish-towel
(d) A birdcage
5. What is located under the sink in the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) A birdcage
(b) Clean towels
(c) Dirty pans
(d) Dog dishes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Peters say she and her husband homesteaded before?
2. Where was the theatrical collaboration that Susan Glaspell and George Cram Cook formed originated?
3. Which of the following is a recurring motif in Trifles?
4. What does George Henderson ask the women when he sees the birdcage in the room?
5. What is Mrs. Hale’s final line of the play?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)