|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Peters say he sent to the farmhouse in the morning to make a fire?
(a) Lewis Hale
2. Before they depart, Henry Peters remarks to Mr. Henderson, “I just want you to come in here a minute, George. We ought to take a look at” what?
(a) The attic
(b) The doors
(c) These windows
(d) The basement
3. As the women are alone downstairs, what item of clothing does Mrs. Hale carry in the room that belongs to Mrs. Wright?
(a) A hat
(b) A skirt
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) An apron
4. How many years ago does Mrs. Hale say Mrs. Wright sung in the town choir, prior to her marriage?
5. As a founding member of a famous theatrical collaboration, Susan Glaspell arranged for the first ever reading of a play by what famed playwright?
(a) Eugene O’Neill
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Edward Albee
(d) Norman Mailer
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Peters says that her first baby died when he was how old?
2. At the end of the play, George Henderson remarks, “Well, Henry, at least we found out that she was not going to” what?
3. Which of the following is a key theme in Trifles?
4. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he says, “I want to see John”?
5. Who claims “Somebody should have been left here yesterday”?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)