|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the stage directions in the opening of the play, what is Henry Peters’ profession?
(b) County Attorney
(c) County Judge
2. Where in the house does Mrs. Peters find a birdcage?
(a) The attic
(b) The basement
(c) The cupboard
(d) The bedroom
3. Who enters first in the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) Dr. Lloyd
(b) Henry Peters
(c) Lewis Hale
(d) George Henderson
4. Mrs. Hale remarks that Mrs. Wright did not even belong to what organization?
(a) The Ladies Aid
(b) The Church Bakers
(c) The Church Choir
(d) The Women’s Book Club
5. What character did Susan Glaspell portray in the original production of Trifles?
(a) Mrs. Wright
(b) Mrs. Peters
(c) Mrs. Hale
(d) Mrs. Samuel
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale that when the boy killed her kitten she would have done what “if they hadn’t held me back”?
2. Near the end of the play, what does Mr. Hale go outside to tend to?
3. According to the Introduction, where was Trifles first performed?
4. Who says, “I wish if they’re going to find any evidence they’d be about it. I don’t like this place”?
5. Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale, “Mr. Henderson said coming out that what was needed for the case was” what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)