|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hale’s response when the County Attorney remarks, “Not much of a housekeeper, would you say, ladies?”
(a) Her husband wouldn’t let her clean
(b) There’s a great deal of work to be done on a farm
(c) She was busy with the children, mostly
(d) She was an excellent housekeeper, sir
2. Mrs. Hale remarks that there was a man selling what kind of birds last year?
3. What is Mrs. Peters’ response when Mrs. Hale asks, “Do you think she did it?”
(a) Yes, I think she did
(b) No, I think she’s innocent
(c) Oh, what do I care?
(d) Oh, I don’t know
4. Who says, “I wish if they’re going to find any evidence they’d be about it. I don’t like this place”?
(a) Mrs. Wright
(b) Mrs. Peters
(c) George Henderson
(d) Mrs. Hale
5. Where in the house does Mrs. Peters find a birdcage?
(a) The cupboard
(b) The attic
(c) The basement
(d) The bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was John Hossack murdered?
2. What character did Susan Glaspell portray in the original production of Trifles?
3. Who was accused of the murder of John Hossack?
4. What kind of fruit does Mrs. Hale find in an unbroken jar in the cupboard?
5. Who invites the women to come up to the fire in the beginning of Trifles?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)