|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims “Somebody should have been left here yesterday”?
(a) Henry Peters
(b) Lewis Hale
(c) George Henderson
(d) John Wright
2. What is the name of the short story that Susan Glaspell adapted Trifles into?
(a) A Jury of Her Peers
(b) The Canary
(c) The Last Trial
(d) The Trial of a Century
3. What word in the narrative means to find fault with?
4. Mrs. Hale describes Mrs. Wright as having worn a dress with what color ribbons when she sang in the choir?
5. Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale, “Mr. Henderson said coming out that what was needed for the case was” what?
(b) A weapon
(c) An alibi
(d) A motive
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Peters say a man had gone crazy the day before?
2. What does Mr. Hale say he thinks he hears someone say when he knocks a second time on the Wrights’ door?
3. When talking with Mrs. Peters, what does Mrs. Hale say her sister’s name is?
4. Mrs. Peters says that her first baby died when he was how old?
5. George Henderson remarks that “a Sheriff’s wife is married to” what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)