|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Peters, where is Mrs. Wright’s shawl always hung?
(a) In the cupboard
(b) Behind the door
(c) By the sofa
(d) In the bedroom
2. Why does Mrs. Hale say she hasn’t visited the Wright home much?
(a) It was too violent
(b) I hated Mrs. Wright
(c) It never seemed a very cheerful place
(d) Mr. Wright gave me the willies
3. As the men reenter from upstairs, George Henderson says,, “No, Peters, it’s all perfectly clear except” what?
(a) A reason for doing it
(b) How they got in
(c) A weapon
(d) An alibi
4. Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale, “Mr. Henderson said coming out that what was needed for the case was” what?
(a) An alibi
(b) A weapon
(c) A motive
5. When speaking with Mrs. Peters, Mrs. Hale claims, “I know how things can be—for” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hale say he thinks he hears someone say when he knocks a second time on the Wrights’ door?
2. What item does the County Attorney laugh at when examining the things to take to Mrs. Wright?
3. George Henderson remarks to the Sheriff that there is “[n]o sign at all of anyone having” what?
4. What do the women note about the birdcage in the Wrights’ home while the men are outside?
5. Mrs. Peters claims that “[t]he law has got to” do what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)