|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character asks “By the way, has anything been moved? Are things just as you left them”?
(a) George Henderson
(b) Lewis Hale
(d) Henry Peters
2. What word from the stage directions refers to a scarf, usually of fur or wool, used to cover the neck, or the neck and shoulders?
3. After the men reenter from upstairs, what character says, “Well, I’ve got the team around. Pretty cold out there”?
(a) Henry Peters
(b) George Henderson
(d) Lewis Hale
4. About what does the County Attorney exclaim before stating, “Not much of a housekeeper, would you say, ladies?”
(a) Dirty floor
(b) Dirty towels
(c) Dirty windows
(d) Dirty clothing
5. According to Mr. Hale, who arrives to examine Mr. Wright’s body?
(a) Dr. Smith
(b) Dr. Lloyd
(c) Dr. Adams
(d) Dr. Peters
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hale say was in the Wright home but was not used in the murder?
2. What do the women decide to take to Mrs. Wright to help pass the time?
3. Whose now abandoned farmhouse provides the setting for Trifles?
4. Mrs. Hale remarks when looking at Mrs. Wright’s sewing that she wonders if she was going to do what or “just knot it”?
5. Mrs. Peters exclaims to Mrs. Hale, “My, it’s a good thing the men couldn’t hear us. Wouldn’t they just laugh! Getting all stirred up over a little things like a” what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)