|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peters use to wrap around a jar to take to Mrs. Wright?
(a) A bath towel
(b) A dish cloth
(c) A shawl
(d) A petticoat
2. What color dress does Mrs. Hale describe Mrs. Wright having worn when singing in the choir?
3. What is a symbol of Mrs. Wright’s life prior to her marriage in the play?
(a) The canary
(b) The bread
(c) The dirty dishes
(d) The quilt
4. George Henderson remarks that “a Sheriff’s wife is married to” what?
(a) The law
5. Who invites the women to come up to the fire in the beginning of Trifles?
(a) Henry Peters
(b) Dr. Lloyd
(c) Lewis Hale
(d) George Henderson
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the women go to gather some things to take to Mrs. Wright in jail?
2. What was Mrs. Wright’s response when Mr. Hale asks her, “Weren’t you sleepin’ in the bed with him?”
3. In what county is the play set?
4. What sentence was the murder suspect given for the murder of John Hossack?
5. Who does Henry Peters say he sent to the farmhouse in the morning to make a fire?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)