|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Wright discovered when Mr. Hale comes by and discovers the murder?
(a) In the rocking chair
(b) At the kitchen table
(c) On the sofa
(d) By the bedside
2. How many children do the Wrights have?
3. Which of the following is a key theme in Trifles?
(a) Sibling rivalry
(b) The impact of war
(c) Sexual longing
4. Mrs. Hale remarks to Mrs. Peters, “I suppose she felt she couldn’t do her part, and then you don’t enjoy things when you feel” what?
5. Near the end of the play, at what sound does Mrs. Hale snatch the box?
(a) The doorknob turning
(b) A dog barking
(c) The doorbell ringing
(d) The horses approaching
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mrs. Hale say it has been since she has been in the Wright home?
2. What word from the stage directions refers to a scarf, usually of fur or wool, used to cover the neck, or the neck and shoulders?
3. What was Mrs. Wright’s name before she got married?
4. What characters are described as "men in middle life"?
5. Near the end of the play, what does Mr. Hale go outside to tend to?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)