|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peters use to wrap around a jar to take to Mrs. Wright?
(a) A dish cloth
(b) A bath towel
(c) A petticoat
(d) A shawl
2. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Why, what did he die of?”
(a) He died of a gunshot
(b) He was killed by burglars
(c) He died of pneumonia
(d) He died of a rope round his neck
3. What word in the narrative means to find fault with?
4. From where has the County Attorney just returned upon arriving at the farmhouse?
(a) Little Rock
(d) St. Louis
5. What character is described as “a young man”?
(a) Lewis Hale
(c) George Henderson
(d) Henry Peters
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Hale remarks when looking at Mrs. Wright’s sewing that she wonders if she was going to do what or “just knot it”?
2. What kind of fruit does Mrs. Hale find in an unbroken jar in the cupboard?
3. Who does Henry Peters say he sent to the farmhouse in the morning to make a fire?
4. Remarks about Mr. Wright indicate that he did not do much of what?
5. How many years ago does Mrs. Hale say Mrs. Wright sung in the town choir, prior to her marriage?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)