|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women find in the fancy box in Mrs. Wright’s sewing basket?
(a) A dead canary
(b) A dead parakeet
(c) A baby’s slipper
(d) A tooth
2. Where in the house does all of the action of the play take place?
(a) The front porch
(b) The kitchen
(c) The parlor
(d) The bedroom
3. According to the stage directions in the opening of the play, what is George Henderson’s profession?
(b) County Judge
(c) County Attorney
4. According to the Introduction, what weapon was used to kill John Hossack?
(a) A knife
(b) A rope
(c) An axe
(d) A gun
5. How many articles did Susan Glaspell write as a reporter that covered the John Hossack murder case?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the now abandoned farmhouse is the setting for the opening scene of Trifles?
2. Mrs. Hale remarks that Mrs. Wright did not even belong to what organization?
3. From where has the County Attorney just returned upon arriving at the farmhouse?
4. As a founding member of a famous theatrical collaboration, Susan Glaspell arranged for the first ever reading of a play by what famed playwright?
5. As the women are alone downstairs, what items of clothing does Mrs. Peters carry in the room?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)