|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narrative, Mrs. Peters says, “Somehow we just don’t see how it is with other folks until” what?
(a) Someone is dead
(b) Something comes up
(c) Something happens
(d) Something goes wrong
2. What is Mrs. Wright doing with her apron when Mr. Hale enters?
(a) Washing it
(b) Ironing it
(c) Pleating it
(d) Drying it
3. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
4. Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale, “Mr. Henderson said coming out that what was needed for the case was” what?
(a) An alibi
(b) A weapon
(d) A motive
5. After the men reenter from upstairs, what character says, “Well, I’ve got the team around. Pretty cold out there”?
(b) Lewis Hale
(c) George Henderson
(d) Henry Peters
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking with Mrs. Peters, what does Mrs. Hale say her sister’s name is?
2. The women at the end of Trifles illustrate which of the following concepts?
3. What was Mrs. Wright’s response when Mr. Hale asks her, “Weren’t you sleepin’ in the bed with him?”
4. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Who did this, Mrs. Wright?”
5. What character is described as “a young man”?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)