|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the play, what does Mrs. Peters attempt to take from the box but cannot bring herself to do it?
(a) The slipper
(b) The scissors
(c) The parakeet
(d) The canary
2. What word from the stage directions refers to something that lacks serious content?
3. What does Mrs. Hale say was in the Wright home but was not used in the murder?
(a) A dagger
(b) An axe
(c) A gun
(d) A noose
4. According to Henry Peters, what had the temperature dropped below the previous night?
(a) 0 degrees
(b) 30 degrees
(c) 20 degrees
(d) 50 degrees
5. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Who did this, Mrs. Wright?”
(a) He did it to himself
(b) The burglars did it
(c) I don’t know
(d) I did it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Hale claim Mrs. Wright looks when the day he discovers the murder?
2. According to the Introduction, what weapon was used to kill John Hossack?
3. Who enters first in the opening scene of Trifles?
4. What character did Susan Glaspell portray in the original production of Trifles?
5. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright pointed when he asks her where Mr. Wright is?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)