|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Hale remarks to Mrs. Peters, “Well, I don’t see any signs of” what “around here”?
2. Which of the following is a central theme in Trifles?
(a) Political ambition
(b) Father and son relationships
(c) Nature versus nurture
(d) Gender differences
3. At the end of the play, where does Mrs. Hale stash the box?
(a) The cupboard
(b) The bread box
(c) Her coat pocket
(d) Her handbag
4. Where does Mrs. Peters say she and her husband homesteaded before?
(b) New Orleans
5. What is Mrs. Hale’s final line of the play?
(a) Yes sir, let us be out of this place
(b) Let’s call forth the hounds!
(c) We call it—quilt it, Mr. Henderson
(d) We call it—knot it, Mr. Henderson
Short Answer Questions
1. The County Attorney remarks that Mrs. Wright did not have what instinct?
2. Mrs. Peters exclaims to Mrs. Hale, “My, it’s a good thing the men couldn’t hear us. Wouldn’t they just laugh! Getting all stirred up over a little things like a” what?
3. What does Mr. Hale say he is going to town to sell when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
4. What word does Mrs. Hale refer to Mr. Wright as, which indicates that he was tight with money?
5. When speaking to Mrs. Peters what does Mrs. Hale compare Mr. Wright to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)