|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the County Attorney, "Did you want to see what Mrs. Peters was going to take in?"
(a) George Henderson
(b) Henry Peters
(c) Lewis Hale
2. Where outside do the men go to look for evidence after they have finished upstairs?
(a) The slave quarters
(b) The guest cabin
(c) The driveway
(d) The barn
3. Who played the role of George Henderson in the original production of Trifles?
(a) James Warner
(b) Madison Dirks
(c) Michael Hulgan
(d) Andrew Vestile
4. What title refers to an officer, as of a county or municipality, whose chief function is to investigate any death not clearly resulting from natural causes?
(d) County Judge
5. As the women are alone downstairs, what item of clothing does Mrs. Hale carry in the room that belongs to Mrs. Wright?
(a) A skirt
(b) A hat
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) An apron
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is described as “a slight wiry woman” with “a thin nervous face”?
2. At what time does Mr. Hale knock on the Wrights’ door when he discovers the murder?
3. What kind of pattern do the women see in Mrs. Wright’s sewing in the sewing basket?
4. What key character in the play never appears onstage?
5. What word from the stage directions refers to a scarf, usually of fur or wool, used to cover the neck, or the neck and shoulders?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)