|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sheriff’s response when asked, “You’re convinced that there was nothing important here—nothing that would point to any motive”?
(a) Only the stale bread
(b) Nothing here but women’s things
(c) Nothing here but trifles
(d) Nothing here but kitchen things
2. Trifles is seen by critics and theorists as an early example of what dramatic genre?
(a) Feminist drama
(b) Realist drama
(c) Dadaist drama
(d) Absurdist drama
3. In what room of the now abandoned farmhouse is the setting for the opening scene of Trifles?
(a) The parlor
(b) The kitchen
(c) The bedroom
(d) The front porch
4. What type of pet does Mrs. Peters say Mrs. Wright was afraid of?
5. What word does Mrs. Hale refer to Mr. Wright as, which indicates that he was tight with money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hale says that he stops by the Wrights’ home to ask John Wright about sharing what?
2. In what county is the play set?
3. Who does Henry Peters say he sent to the farmhouse in the morning to make a fire?
4. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Why, what did he die of?”
5. Of what does Mrs. Peters say, “They’re superstitious, you know. They leave”?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)