|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Hale remarks that there was a man selling what kind of birds last year?
2. What is Mrs. Hale’s response when the County Attorney remarks, “Not much of a housekeeper, would you say, ladies?”
(a) She was an excellent housekeeper, sir
(b) There’s a great deal of work to be done on a farm
(c) Her husband wouldn’t let her clean
(d) She was busy with the children, mostly
3. What is a symbol of Mrs. Wright’s life prior to her marriage in the play?
(a) The canary
(b) The dirty dishes
(c) The quilt
(d) The bread
4. Mrs. Hale remarks that Mr. Wright did not do what?
(a) Pay his debts
(d) Beat his wife
5. What character is described as “a young man”?
(a) George Henderson
(b) Lewis Hale
(c) Henry Peters
Short Answer Questions
1. As the women are alone downstairs, what items of clothing does Mrs. Peters carry in the room?
2. What does Mr. Hale say he thinks he hears someone say when he knocks a second time on the Wrights’ door?
3. Where was the theatrical collaboration that Susan Glaspell and George Cram Cook formed originated?
4. Who does Mr. Hale recall having said, “No, he’s dead all right, and we’d better not touch anything” when he discovered the murder?
5. What word from the stage directions means dashing courage or heroic bravery?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)