|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trifles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright moves after his companion leaves to phone the authorities?
(a) To a chair in the corner
(b) To the kitchen table
(c) To the front porch
(d) To the bedroom
2. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Who did this, Mrs. Wright?”
(a) He did it to himself
(b) The burglars did it
(c) I don’t know
(d) I did it
3. Near the end of the play, at what sound does Mrs. Hale snatch the box?
(a) The doorbell ringing
(b) A dog barking
(c) The horses approaching
(d) The doorknob turning
4. What does Mrs. Peters remark that Mrs. Wright had been doing when she takes out a sewing basket?
(a) Piecing a quilt
(b) Crocheting a blanket
(c) Sewing a dress
(d) Knitting a shawl
5. What do the women decide to take to Mrs. Wright to help pass the time?
(a) Her quilting
(b) Her diary
(c) Some cards
(d) Her painting
Short Answer Questions
1. What character says, “the law is the law”?
2. Mrs. Hale says of Mrs. Wright, “I should think she would ‘a wanted a” what?
3. Who does Mr. Hale say he is going to town with when he stops by the Wrights’ home?
4. Who is perceived to have killed Mrs. Wright’s pet in the narrative?
5. According to Mr. Hale, how does Mrs. Wright respond when he asks, “Then why can’t I see him?”
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)