|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolentino laments in "The I in Internet" the way in which womanhood can so often "feel like a story of loss of" (28) what?
2. At ten, Tolentino admonished her younger self for looking at which kinds of sites during her first sessions online?
(b) Beanie Babies.
3. The Angelfire subpage Tolentino presents for the reader's inspection was created when Tolentino was how old?
4. In which publication did a writer first use the chopped salad as a metaphor for the frenetic pace of life?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Awl.
(d) The New York Times.
5. Tolentino asserts that the internet tends to minimize the need for what type of action?
Short Answer Questions
1. Around which group of people are movements such as #MeToo and #TimesUp organized?
2. Tolentino states in "Always Be Optimizing" that perhaps we need to learn from which figure?
3. Tolentino asserts that what element of society "always determines the shape of politics and culture" (10)?
4. How many boys were a part of the reality television show series' cast?
5. The Angelfire subpage Tolentino discusses in the text is titled, "The Story of How Jia Got" (7) what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the exclamation points Tolentino uses within the essay entitled "The I in Internet"?
2. How does Tolentino characterize her adolescent self and for what purpose?
3. Who is Jess, the person featured in the essay entitled "Reality TV Me"?
4. What end product does Tolentino name as the consistent result of trying to become better at being a woman or "of learning to get better at life under accelerated capitalism" (65)?
5. What is the significance of Jess's comments about Cory's homosexuality in the essay "Reality TV Me"?
6. How does Tolentino describe the connection between each essay's topic and her own life?
7. What symbolism does Tolentino highlight within an Instagram profile in the essay "Always Be Optimizing"?
8. Discuss an instance in the introduction when Tolentino uses a metaphor to illustrate a particular point.
9. What criteria does Tolentino use in order to characterize 2012 as a major turning point in relation to the internet?
10. What is the main setting featured within the essay entitled "Reality TV Me"?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)