|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Tolentino discusses in "Always Be Optimizing"?
(b) Vitality Bowls.
(d) Veggie Delight.
2. In which sport did Tolentino participated during her adolescence?
3. How old was Tolentino when she joined the Peace Corps?
4. In spring break of which year did Tolentino's family get a new computer for the family home?
5. The first line of the essay "Always Be Optimizing" states that "the ideal woman has always been" (62) what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What celestial body does Tolentino use in a metaphorical description of America within the introduction?
2. To which element of life does the term "panopticon" (16) refer, as explained by Tolentino in "The I in Internet"?
3. The pizza parlor associated with Pizzagate was called DC's Comet what?
4. Tolentino asserts that what element of society "always determines the shape of politics and culture" (10)?
5. Tolentino points out the way in which tweets do not allow for the inclusion of what types of experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bioluminescent bay symbolize in the essay entitled "Reality TV Me"?
2. In what way does Tolentino present the theme of hypocrisy within the essay entitled "Reality TV Me"?
3. To what work is the title of "Always Be Optimizing" referring and what is the significance of the allusion within the essay?
4. In what way is "the rise of barre" (74) unprecedented, according to Tolentino in the essay "Always Be Optimizing"?
5. Discuss an instance in the introduction when Tolentino uses a metaphor to illustrate a particular point.
6. What is the significance of Jess's comments about Cory's homosexuality in the essay "Reality TV Me"?
7. What criteria does Tolentino use in order to characterize 2012 as a major turning point in relation to the internet?
8. Who is Jess, the person featured in the essay entitled "Reality TV Me"?
9. How does Tolentino characterize her adolescent self and for what purpose?
10. What is Tolentino's ultimate conclusion about the future of the internet and why?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)