|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolentino states that Zuckerberg controls what kinds of definitions for Facebook users?
2. In which magazine was the article called "A Rape on Campus," written by Erdely, published?
(d) Rolling Stone.
3. What kind of debt does Tolentino characterize as a "generation-defining scam" (188)?
(a) Credit card.
4. At what age did Tolentino enter high school?
5. While Tolentino was still in college, Liz Seccuro brought charges against a group of men she accused of committing what crime?
6. Tolentino comments on Erdely's mistakes by stating that which kind of intentions "often produce blind spots" (208)?
7. Tolentino states that if one were to view womanhood entirely through the lens of literature, adolescence would look like what?
8. Tolentino states that if one were to view womanhood entirely through the lens of literature, adulthood would look like what?
9. Which college offered Tolentino a full scholarship while she was deciding which college to attend?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) The University of Pennsylvania.
(c) The University of Florida.
(d) The University of Illinois.
10. What kind of festival was the Fyre Festival discussed by Tolentino?
11. Tolentino discusses a particular literary hero and his discovery of all but which of the following?
12. Which religion did Tolentino's family follow during her childhood?
13. Which emotion did Tolentino feel most strongly during the interaction about the Power Rangers?
14. In what location was the Fyre Festival held?
(b) The Bahamas.
15. In which town is the University of Virginia located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the writer with the last name Arendt, whose work is referenced within "Pure Heroines"?
2. Tolentino states that in adult fiction, which element almost always "comes first" (98) in a female protagonist's plot arc?
3. Videos of what sorry excuse for food went viral in connection with the Fyre Festival?
4. What is the first of the several major events discussed within the essay "The Story of a Generation of Seven Scams"?
5. What drug does Tolentino claim can be useful to one's emotional health if used sparingly?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)