|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Cult of a Difficult Woman" and "I Thee Dread".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which level of school was Tolentino when she was featured on a reality television series?
(a) Elementary school.
(c) High school.
(d) Middle school.
2. Tolentino states in the essay "Ectasy" that she has spent how many years trying to undo her first 15 years of religious training?
3. According to Tolentino, which person's treatment showed "how much America despises a woman who wants power" (236)?
(a) Hillary Clinton.
(b) Elizabeth Warren.
(c) Gloria Steinem.
(d) Nancy Pelosi.
4. Who wrote the novel that features a protagonist named Esther Greenwood?
(a) Sylvia Plath.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) J.D. Salinger.
5. In what month of the year was the disastrous Fyre Festival held?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolentino describe the new organizing principle that came to envelop most online interactions in a particular year?
2. Tolentino says that which two decades of the internet's existence were marked by gatherings of people in open forums?
3. What kind of debt does Tolentino characterize as a "generation-defining scam" (188)?
4. Which disease did Tolentino contract during her stint in the Peace Corps?
5. In which magazine was the article called "A Rape on Campus," written by Erdely, published?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)