|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and "The I in Internet".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Angelfire subpage Tolentino discusses in the text is titled, "The Story of How Jia Got" (7) what?
(a) Her deepest desire.
(b) Her fondest wish.
(c) Her web addiction.
(d) Her groove back.
2. What year does Tolentino name as a turning point for the internet's transition to a new organizing principle?
3. What is NOT a word Tolentino uses to describe particular elements of the internet that soured after a turning point she names?
4. Tolentino states in the essay "The I in Internet" that what product "has become capitalism's last natural resource" (11) as a result of the internet?
5. Tolentino states that she began writing Trick Mirror in which season of 2017?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fourth problematic trait of the internet, according to Tolentino, is its tendency to diffuse our understanding of what element of life?
2. Tolentino asserts that the internet tends to minimize the need for what type of action?
3. Tolentino points out the way in which tweets do not allow for the inclusion of what types of experiences?
4. Tolentino tells the reader in the introduction that she tends to extinguish what feeling by writing?
5. The first line of the essay "The I in Internet" states, "In the beginning the internet seemed" (7) what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)