|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and "The I in Internet".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spring break of which year did Tolentino's family get a new computer for the family home?
2. Tolentino says that which two decades of the internet's existence were marked by gatherings of people in open forums?
(a) The 90s and 00s.
(b) The 70s and 80s.
(c) The 80s and 90s.
(d) The 00s and 10s.
3. What was NOT an element about which Tolentino was excited when her family got a new computer during spring break?
(a) Having a profile.
(c) Sending an email.
4. To which element of life does the term "panopticon" (16) refer, as explained by Tolentino in "The I in Internet"?
5. How many problematic characteristics of the internet does Tolentino identify in the essay "The I in Internet" (13)?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fourth problematic trait of the internet, according to Tolentino, is its tendency to diffuse our understanding of what element of life?
2. What is NOT a word Tolentino uses to describe particular elements of the internet that soured after a turning point she names?
3. Tolentino describes the topics of the collection's essays by using which object as a metaphor?
4. In what grade was Tolentino when she used the internet for the first time?
5. At ten, Tolentino admonished her younger self for looking at which kinds of sites during her first sessions online?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)