|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reality TV Me" and "Always Be Optimizing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolentino states that whenever she visits Sweetgreen, she generally eats her lunch in under how many minutes?
2. How many boys were a part of the reality television show series' cast?
3. Tolentino states in the essay "The I in Internet" that what product "has become capitalism's last natural resource" (11) as a result of the internet?
4. Tolentino notes that the third problematic trait of the internet is that it distends what types of feelings?
5. Tolentino states in "Always Be Optimizing" that perhaps we need to learn from which figure?
(a) The jester.
(b) The sleuth.
(c) The mummy.
(d) The cyborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the chopped salad first written about as a metaphor for the frenetic pace of life, according to Tolentino?
2. Tolentino laments in "The I in Internet" the way in which womanhood can so often "feel like a story of loss of" (28) what?
3. The writer who first compared a chopped salad's qualities to the workaholic lifestyle said that it promotes the consumption of what?
4. Tolentino claims that the second problematic quality of the internet is that it encourages people to overestimate the value of what?
5. Tolentino asserts that engaging in the ridiculous goal of "figuring out how to 'get better' at being a woman" (64) will never bring what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)