|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people at the newspaper are told to turn on which TV station?
2. Williams learns that the _______ can be a single person or a group of people with a common cause.
(c) Epitome of evil.
3. Where does Hattie ask to go upon her arrival in New York?
(a) Carpathia's hotel.
(b) Russian Tea Room.
(c) Global Weekly.
(d) UN Speakers' Gallery.
4. What gift is given to Williams by Barnes?
5. Who tries to warn Williams about Carpathia?
6. Plank and Williams hide out at ____ house.
7. What is the word used regarding the next conversation between Williams and Plank?
8. Which is not a topic discussed by Williams and Barnes?
9. How many men eventually attack the two preachers?
10. What emotion overcomes Williams during the talk?
11. Williams comments on which of Carpathia's senses?
(a) Sense of smell.
(b) Trained palate.
12. Carpathia asks to meet Williams at a meeting of which group?
(a) Council of Ten.
(b) Confab of International Financial Institutions.
(c) Security Council.
(d) Council of Wise Men.
13. Who does Williams attempt to deter from going to the UN conference?
14. The people at the newspaper are told to turn on which TV station?
15. Plank delivers big news. What is so surprising to the people at Global Weekly?
(a) Plank is going to work for Carpathia.
(b) Plank is moving to Europe.
(c) Plank is dying.
(d) Plank has fired Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men are referred to as being ____.
2. Carpathia denies that he wants ______ in/for the new plan.
3. The UN conference is held on what day of the week?
4. Who calls Carpathia during the meeting with Williams?
5. Williams is unhappy with being in the middle between Carpathia and Hattie. Williams says the position makes him feel like a ______.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)