|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Margaret Mac Lachlan and Margaret Wilson killed?
2. Why did Taylor return to England?
3. What books did Lewis write?
4. Who were the Boxers?
5. What removed the king after eight years of persecution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John Newton work when he followed his father to work at sea? How did this affect his life?
2. What was happening to Christianity in the 17th and 18th centuries?
3. What did John Bunyan do after he was convicted, and why was this unique?
4. How did literature help change C. S. "Jack" Lewis' life?
5. Why did Amy Carmichael decide to help the poor?
6. What was John Bunyan like when he was young, before he was convicted for his behavior?
7. Why did the Dutch Boers dislike David Livingston?
8. What did Krishna Pal do, and what was the reaction of people around him?
9. What kind of theology did Abraham Kuyper follow when he was young?
10. What mission did Hudson Taylor start and where did he find his support?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was it so difficult to share the news of God with other cultures? What were some of the troubles the missionaries faced?
Essay Topic 2
What is modern secularism, and why is it a threat to the church?
Essay Topic 3
What was paganism, and how did it affect Christianity?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)