|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Margaret Mac Lachlan and Margaret Wilson killed?
2. How many people converted?
3. How old was Spurgeon when he died?
4. Where did Edwards travel to give his sermons?
5. To whom did David Brainerd preach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the title of John Bunyan's book, and what was it about?
2. What was John Bunyan like when he was young, before he was convicted for his behavior?
3. Why did the Dutch Boers dislike David Livingston?
4. Where did John Newton work when he followed his father to work at sea? How did this affect his life?
5. When did modern secularism become a problem, and how do many Christians react to it?
6. What was one of the most challenging aspects Carey had to face while preaching in India?
7. To whom did John Paton witness, and what was one of his main causes?
8. What kind of theology did Abraham Kuyper follow when he was young?
9. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
10. What was Charles Spurgeon's young life like in regards to Christianity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sometimes governmental intervention was a negative element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how Christianity managed to thrive despite the opposition.
Essay Topic 2
How are Christians martyred in the modern era? Name at least one Christian who stood up for his beliefs and suffered for them. How did they survive the torture and why were they willing to put up with it? What effect did their faith have on those around them?
Essay Topic 3
Wesley was inspired by Luther in regards to faith and salvation. What was the correlation between the two according to Luther? What did this mean to Wesley?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)