|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the communist dictatorship have on Christians in Romania?
2. How did John Gifford help John Bunyan?
3. What did Kuyper believe about education?
4. Who did he train to preach in the North?
5. Where was J. Gresham Machen a professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Davie Brainerd help Jonathan Edwards, and how did this help other Christians?
2. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
3. Who was George Whitefield, and what did he do that was very unorthodox?
4. When did modern secularism become a problem, and how do many Christians react to it?
5. What did Krishna Pal do, and what was the reaction of people around him?
6. How did literature help change C. S. "Jack" Lewis' life?
7. How did John Calvin's teachings inspire Kuyper?
8. Where did Jonathan Edwards preach to people, and what was he famous for writing?
9. What mission did Hudson Taylor start and where did he find his support?
10. What was one of the most challenging aspects Carey had to face while preaching in India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Christians began reaching out to other countries in the 18th and 19th centuries. What was the purpose of modern missions?
Essay Topic 2
Wesley was inspired by Luther in regards to faith and salvation. What was the correlation between the two according to Luther? What did this mean to Wesley?
Essay Topic 3
What was so important about the 95 Theses Martin Luther nailed on the church door? What were they about? How did Luther respond to the world's reaction to them?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)