|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Christians react to the assault?
2. What was Kuyper's occupation?
3. Who was the Catholic Emperor of Germany in the 1620s?
4. What did nearly every Christian family in Shinminfu have in common?
5. Where did C. S. "Jack" Lewis grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was George Whitefield, and what did he do that was very unorthodox?
2. What was William Carey called? To whom did he preach?
3. To whom did John Paton witness, and what was one of his main causes?
4. What challenges did Richard Wurmbrand face?
5. What did J. Gresham Machen think about theological liberals?
6. To whom did Davie Brainerd preach, and what was it like during his first few years of living with them?
7. When did modern secularism become a problem, and how do many Christians react to it?
8. Why did the Dutch Boers dislike David Livingston?
9. What did Krishna Pal do, and what was the reaction of people around him?
10. Why did Amy Carmichael decide to help the poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was paganism, and how did it affect Christianity?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the growth of Christianity during the 17th and 18th centuries. What was so amazing about it? What made it different from the church growth of the past?
Essay Topic 3
Sometimes governmental intervention was a positive element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how it helped Christianity.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)