|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carey move?
2. What does Brainerd's diary do for missionaries?
3. How old was Livingston when he died?
4. Why was he dismissed from Northampton?
5. Who listened to Lewis' words on the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Amy Carmichael decide to help the poor?
2. Where did John Newton work when he followed his father to work at sea? How did this affect his life?
3. On whom did John Wesley focus his preaching?
4. What was the title of John Bunyan's book, and what was it about?
5. What challenges did Richard Wurmbrand face?
6. What was Charles Spurgeon's young life like in regards to Christianity?
7. How did Davie Brainerd help Jonathan Edwards, and how did this help other Christians?
8. What did Kuyper's church in the country think of his preaching?
9. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
10. What mission did Hudson Taylor start and where did he find his support?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was so important about the 95 Theses Martin Luther nailed on the church door? What were they about? How did Luther respond to the world's reaction to them?
Essay Topic 2
Several of the Christians highlighted in this book faced adversity because they wanted to translate the Bible. Highlight at least one of these people and explain why it was so important to them to have the Bible translated.
Essay Topic 3
Sometimes governmental intervention was a negative element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how Christianity managed to thrive despite the opposition.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)