|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Carmichael was young?
2. What books did Lewis write?
3. Where was Charles Spurgeon a pastor?
4. How many people could Spurgeon reach when he preached in New Park Street Chapel?
5. How did Christians react to the assault?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Dutch Boers dislike David Livingston?
2. How did people respond to Spurgeon's preaching, and what was his church like?
3. Where did Jonathan Edwards preach to people, and what was he famous for writing?
4. What did John and Charles Wesley's "Holy Club" do?
5. What was John Bunyan like when he was young, before he was convicted for his behavior?
6. What was the title of John Bunyan's book, and what was it about?
7. Who was George Whitefield, and what did he do that was very unorthodox?
8. How did Davie Brainerd help Jonathan Edwards, and how did this help other Christians?
9. How did literature help change C. S. "Jack" Lewis' life?
10. To whom did Davie Brainerd preach, and what was it like during his first few years of living with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was it so difficult to share the news of God with other cultures? What were some of the troubles the missionaries faced?
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes governmental intervention was a negative element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how Christianity managed to thrive despite the opposition.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Christians began reaching out to other countries in the 18th and 19th centuries. What was the purpose of modern missions?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)