|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cameron's body after he was killed in battle?
2. How many of Spurgeon's devotionals sold?
3. How many people converted?
4. What claim to fame did Spurgeon have according to the author?
5. What was William Carey considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
2. Who was Gustavus Adolphus, and what did he do to help Christianity?
3. What did John Bunyan do after he was convicted, and why was this unique?
4. What was the title of John Bunyan's book, and what was it about?
5. What was John Bunyan like when he was young, before he was convicted for his behavior?
6. What was Charles Spurgeon's young life like in regards to Christianity?
7. What did Kuyper's church in the country think of his preaching?
8. To whom did Davie Brainerd preach, and what was it like during his first few years of living with them?
9. On whom did John Wesley focus his preaching?
10. When did modern secularism become a problem, and how do many Christians react to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the great Christians mentioned in this book had visions that led them on their path to mission. Describe the visions Anselm of Canterbury and Constantine saw and write about the impact the visions had on each individual as well as on the church as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes governmental intervention was a negative element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how Christianity managed to thrive despite the opposition.
Essay Topic 3
Several Christian greats helped the church grow and also focused on literacy. Who were these men, why did they feel literacy was important, what did they do to help people become more literate, and what effect did it have on the church?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)