|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Augustine feel about Christianity when he was young?
2. John Huss said he would repent if people did what?
3. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
4. Why did people want to join Bernard?
5. What job did Polycarp have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Lollards?
2. Why wouldn't Ambrose give Emperor Theodosius communion?
3. What marked the beginning of the decline of Western Civilization and how did Gregory combat it?
4. Describe what happened when Polycarp was given a command in Rome.
5. Why was William Tyndale considered an outlaw, and what happened as he fled persecution?
6. What was Augustine's childhood like in regards to religion, and how did his mother feel about it?
7. Who were the Waldensians?
8. How did Renee, the Duchess of Ferrara, help John Calvin and the Huguenots?
9. What was Martin Luther considered, and what did he do?
10. How did Patrick first arrive in Ireland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several Christian greats helped the church grow and also focused on literacy. Who were these men, why did they feel literacy was important, what did they do to help people become more literate, and what effect did it have on the church?
Essay Topic 2
What was so important about the 95 Theses Martin Luther nailed on the church door? What were they about? How did Luther respond to the world's reaction to them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the growth of Christianity during the 17th and 18th centuries. What was so amazing about it? What made it different from the church growth of the past?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)