|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tyndale die?
2. To whom was Polycarp supposed to swear loyalty according to the governor?
3. What were the French Protestants known as?
4. What was the punishment for Bible translation?
5. Tyndale felt that many Catholic doctrines were undermined by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Constantine the Great so important to the Christian movement?
2. How did the 19-year-old Duchess Elizabeth help others? What happened to her?
3. What happened to Thomas Cranmer when he was tortured?
4. What was so amazing about the way Polycarp died?
5. Why did people want to join Bernard of Clairvaux's monastery? How did they help others?
6. Who inspired John Knox, and what did he do about what he learned from the man?
7. What were the French Protestants in France known as, and how were they treated?
8. What was Martin Luther considered, and what did he do?
9. How did Renee, the Duchess of Ferrara, help John Calvin and the Huguenots?
10. How did Gregory react when they tried to make him a universal bishop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several Christian greats helped the church grow and also focused on literacy. Who were these men, why did they feel literacy was important, what did they do to help people become more literate, and what effect did it have on the church?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the growth of Christianity during the 17th and 18th centuries. What was so amazing about it? What made it different from the church growth of the past?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the torturous situations Christian martyrs had to face.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)