|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter understand the Bible?
2. What did Gregory think about purgatory?
3. What helped the dead get out of purgatory?
4. Who was Polycarp's teacher?
5. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Thomas Cranmer when he was tortured?
2. What was Martin Luther considered, and what did he do?
3. Who were the Franciscans?
4. What was the position of Pope Gregory I, how was he regarded, and what did he do?
5. How did Renee, the Duchess of Ferrara, help John Calvin and the Huguenots?
6. Why was Constantine the Great so important to the Christian movement?
7. Why wouldn't Ambrose give Emperor Theodosius communion?
8. How had paganism affected the growing church?
9. What happened when John Calvin stood up to the Catholic priests?
10. When was Athanasius made Bishop of Alexandria? What was his attitude like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the Christians in the last 150 years were different from the early Christians, and also show how they are the same.
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes governmental intervention was a positive element in the growth of Christianity. Describe these situations, who was involved, and how it helped Christianity.
Essay Topic 3
What was paganism, and how did it affect Christianity?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)