|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Krishna Pal do that caused outrage?
(a) He became a preacher.
(b) He stole sacred ornaments from the church.
(c) He was baptized.
(d) He broke caste.
2. What did nearly every Christian family in Shinminfu have in common?
(a) They lost a mother, father or child.
(b) They were rising up against the political leaders.
(c) They hid their religion.
(d) They hated paganism.
3. To what group was it hardest for Carey to witness?
(a) The poor.
(b) The sick.
(c) The immigrants.
(d) The wealthy.
4. How many people converted?
(a) Nearly 50.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
5. Where did Hudson Taylor travel in the 19th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Machen fight against?
2. How many people could Spurgeon reach when he preached in New Park Street Chapel?
3. Where was Charles Spurgeon a pastor?
4. What really mattered to Carmichael?
5. How many of Spurgeon's devotionals sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom did John Paton witness, and what was one of his main causes?
2. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
3. What did John and Charles Wesley's "Holy Club" do?
4. How did people respond to Spurgeon's preaching, and what was his church like?
5. What was the title of John Bunyan's book, and what was it about?
6. What was one of the most challenging aspects Carey had to face while preaching in India?
7. To whom did Davie Brainerd preach, and what was it like during his first few years of living with them?
8. What did Krishna Pal do, and what was the reaction of people around him?
9. Where did Jonathan Edwards preach to people, and what was he famous for writing?
10. What did John Bunyan do after he was convicted, and why was this unique?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)