|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Taylor return to England?
(a) There was a death in his family.
(b) Poor health.
(c) The natives wouldn't accept him.
(d) He wanted to train more missionaries.
2. What great piece of literature did John Bunyan write?
(a) Canterbury Tales.
(b) The Gregorian calendar.
(c) Pilgrim's Progress.
(d) Paradise Lost.
3. What did the Christians receive in exchange for the way they responded to the Boxers?
(a) Many lost family members and even their own lives.
4. What happened during the Boxer Rebellion between 1900 and 1901?
(a) Christians boycotted dogfighting.
(b) Large numbers of Chinese Christians died.
(c) The church split.
(d) Christianity became a big part of sports.
5. How old was Spurgeon when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to take away religious freedom in Cameron's era?
2. Why was he dismissed from Northampton?
3. How were Christians treated in the 17th and 18th centuries?
4. What church did Machen form?
5. What effect did the communist dictatorship have on Christians in Romania?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was George Whitefield, and what did he do that was very unorthodox?
2. What did John Bunyan do after he was convicted, and why was this unique?
3. Why did Amy Carmichael decide to help the poor?
4. What was happening to Christianity in the 17th and 18th centuries?
5. On whom did John Wesley focus his preaching?
6. Where did Jonathan Edwards preach to people, and what was he famous for writing?
7. What was John Bunyan like when he was young, before he was convicted for his behavior?
8. To whom did Davie Brainerd preach, and what was it like during his first few years of living with them?
9. Who were the Boxers, and what did they do?
10. Who was Gustavus Adolphus, and what did he do to help Christianity?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)