|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising action did peaceful Bernard take?
(a) He yelled at those who didn't believe what he did.
(b) He ate meat.
(c) He killed an objector.
(d) He joined the Crusades.
2. Why were people opposed to Calvin?
(a) They said he spoke one way and acted another.
(b) They thought he spoke blasphemy.
(c) They didn't like the moralistic controls he imposed on the city.
(d) They thought he was too self-righteous.
3. What turned Peter to God?
(a) He saw a man die and started thinking about the shortness of life.
(b) A powerful sermon.
(c) His mother prayed for him until he turned to God.
(d) He had a vision.
4. Where was Luther hidden?
(a) Nowhere. He was captured and burned.
(b) Wartburg Castle.
(c) In caves
(d) In the monastery.
5. According to Luther, who mediated forgiveness between Christ and man?
(a) The priest.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Catherine de Medici do after Jeanne died?
2. What job did Athanasius have?
3. For what was Elizabeth of Hungary known?
4. Who were the only people who could read the Bible according to the Romans?
5. What did Gregory think about purgatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't Ambrose give Emperor Theodosius communion?
2. What happened to Ann Askew?
3. What happened when John Calvin stood up to the Catholic priests?
4. Describe what happened when Polycarp was given a command in Rome.
5. What was the position of Pope Gregory I, how was he regarded, and what did he do?
6. Why was Constantine the Great so important to the Christian movement?
7. What were the French Protestants in France known as, and how were they treated?
8. When was Athanasius made Bishop of Alexandria? What was his attitude like?
9. What was Martin Luther considered, and what did he do?
10. Who were the Waldensians?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)