|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Blandina's occupation?
2. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He became a priest.
(b) He became a Christian teacher.
(c) He didn't get a job.
(d) He became a secular teacher.
3. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
(a) They accepted them.
(b) They laughed at them and told them to stop teaching the Bible.
(c) They imprisoned them.
(d) They turned away from them.
4. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
5. What job did Polycarp have?
(a) He was a priest in Smyrna.
(b) He was the bishop of Smyrna.
(c) He was a judge in Smyrna.
(d) He was a professional beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a major religious influence for Bernard of Clairvaux?
2. What surprising action did peaceful Bernard take?
3. According to the Reformers, how were sinners saved?
4. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
5. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John Calvin stood up to the Catholic priests?
2. What was so amazing about the way Polycarp died?
3. What were the French Protestants in France known as, and how were they treated?
4. Describe what happened when Polycarp was given a command in Rome.
5. How did Gregory react when they tried to make him a universal bishop?
6. How did the 19-year-old Duchess Elizabeth help others? What happened to her?
7. What happened to Blandina when she was hung out on the post?
8. Who inspired John Knox, and what did he do about what he learned from the man?
9. Who were the Franciscans?
10. What did John Huss do that made the Pope upset?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)