|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Anselm have a vision when he was a child?
(a) A missionary journey.
(b) A cross of light.
(c) A Bible.
(d) God's joy.
2. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
(c) Emperor Valentinian.
(d) St. Augustine.
3. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
(a) He wanted to hear more about their beliefs.
(b) He laughed at their ignorance.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He was unkind.
4. Who was Polycarp's teacher?
(a) The Apostle John.
5. John Huss said he would repent if people did what?
(a) Became Christians.
(b) Let him pray for them.
(c) Listened to a sermon.
(d) Showed him in Scripture where he was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
2. Where did Jeanne go to spread the Gospel?
3. What helped the dead get out of purgatory?
4. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
5. To where did John Calvin escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Martin Luther considered, and what did he do?
2. What was happening to the church in its early years?
3. How did Renee, the Duchess of Ferrara, help John Calvin and the Huguenots?
4. What was the position of Pope Gregory I, how was he regarded, and what did he do?
5. When was Athanasius made Bishop of Alexandria? What was his attitude like?
6. Why was Constantine the Great so important to the Christian movement?
7. How did Patrick first arrive in Ireland?
8. What did John Huss do that made the Pope upset?
9. Why wouldn't Ambrose give Emperor Theodosius communion?
10. What happened to Thomas Cranmer when he was tortured?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)