|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tyndale die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He died from illness.
(c) His wounds from his lashing became infected, and he died.
(d) He was burned at the stake.
2. Where did Bernard go when he was 25?
(a) To join his first monastery.
(b) To England.
(c) To start a new monastery.
(d) To Ireland.
3. Who was a major religious influence for Bernard of Clairvaux?
(a) His father.
(b) His priest.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
4. What was Charlemagne's job?
(b) He was king of the Franks.
5. What did Catherine de Medici do after Jeanne died?
(a) She ordered a mass slaughter of the Huguenots.
(b) She recommended Jeanne for sainthood.
(c) She declared that the Huguenots and Catholics could worship freely.
(d) She killed Jeanne's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
2. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
3. Who did Renee protect?
4. What church did the Protestants in Scotland create?
5. What job did Athanasius have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John Calvin stood up to the Catholic priests?
2. What was so amazing about the way Polycarp died?
3. Who were the Franciscans?
4. When was Athanasius made Bishop of Alexandria? What was his attitude like?
5. What was happening to the church in its early years?
6. What happened to Blandina when she was hung out on the post?
7. Who were the Waldensians?
8. Why was William Tyndale considered an outlaw, and what happened as he fled persecution?
9. What did John Huss do that made the Pope upset?
10. How did Patrick first arrive in Ireland?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)