|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the first two years Brainerd was preaching?
(a) He had little success.
(b) People were converting everywhere he turned.
(c) He was imprisoned several times.
(d) People kept trying to kill him.
2. Of what church did Spurgeon become pastor in 1851?
(b) Grace Baptist.
3. Where did David Livingston live?
4. What did Machen fight against?
(d) Christian liberalism.
5. What did Kuyper believe about education?
(a) He believed in school choice where Christians could send children to non-state schools.
(b) He thought everyone should be educated by the state.
(c) He thought everyone should have an equal opportunity for education.
(d) It was a waste of time and resources for the young.
6. From what did Carmichael rescue children?
(b) Slave labor.
7. Who did Amy Carmichael help?
(a) The uneducated.
(b) The poor.
(d) Outcast children.
8. Where was Charles Spurgeon a pastor?
(b) The Midwest.
(c) New England.
9. Where did Carey move?
(c) The suburbs.
(d) The city.
10. What happened as Carey preached?
(a) It began to rain.
(b) People threw things at him.
(c) Thugs were hired to beat him.
(d) People prayed.
11. Who edited Brainerd's diary?
(a) Jonathan Edwards.
(b) David Livingstone.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) Jonathan Bunyan.
12. How old was Livingston when he died?
13. What happened during the Boxer Rebellion between 1900 and 1901?
(a) Christians boycotted dogfighting.
(b) The church split.
(c) Christianity became a big part of sports.
(d) Large numbers of Chinese Christians died.
14. What would happen when Spurgeon preached?
(a) People were healed.
(b) The sun would shine.
(c) Children would listen in awe.
(d) Crowds would gather.
15. What has assaulted the church in the West over the last 150 years according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cameron go when he left Holland?
2. What happened to Cameron's body after he was killed in battle?
3. What removed the king after eight years of persecution?
4. Who fought back against the Catholic Emperor of Germany?
5. Who listened to Lewis' words on the radio?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)