|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carmichael go in 1895?
(a) South India.
(c) North America.
2. What great piece of literature did John Bunyan write?
(a) Pilgrim's Progress.
(b) Paradise Lost.
(c) The Gregorian calendar.
(d) Canterbury Tales.
3. Where did Cameron go when he left Holland?
4. What unorthodox practice did George Whitefield bring to churches?
(a) He refused to label his church as a denomination.
(b) He preached outdoors.
(c) He incorporated baptism and communion in the same service.
(d) He used incense in a Protestant church.
5. What would happen when Spurgeon preached?
(a) People were healed.
(b) Crowds would gather.
(c) Children would listen in awe.
(d) The sun would shine.
6. What did Paton do that caused resistance?
(a) He tried to stop violence against women.
(b) He tried to build a church.
(c) He tried to abolish slavery.
(d) He tried to educate the children.
7. Who was the Catholic Emperor of Germany in the 1620s?
8. Who did Amy Carmichael help?
(a) The uneducated.
(b) Outcast children.
(c) The poor.
9. How did the Christians respond to the Boxers?
(a) They hid.
(b) They refused to hide.
(c) They arranged prayer meetings around practice schedules.
(d) They boycotted fights.
10. What did Spurgeon think about Christianity when he was young?
(a) He didn't think about it at all.
(b) It scared him.
(c) He struggled with his faith.
(d) He felt it was his destiny.
11. What did Bunyan preach?
(a) The Gospel.
(d) The Pentateuch.
12. Why was he dismissed from Northampton?
(a) Because he preached too long.
(b) Because of his views on The Lord's Supper.
(c) Because of his views on the Trinity.
(d) Because of his views on marriage.
13. How did John Gifford help John Bunyan?
(a) He helped Bunyan rehabilitate.
(b) He mentored Bunyan.
(c) He gave Bunyan money.
(d) He gave him food.
14. How old was Livingston when he died?
15. Where was Carey's heart?
(a) With the North Native Americans.
(b) With unchurched people of foreign lands.
(c) With the immigrants.
(d) With his church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Spurgeon's devotionals sold?
2. Why was Livingston hated by the Dutch Boers?
3. How were Christians treated in the 17th and 18th centuries?
4. Who founded the China Inland Mission?
5. What really mattered to Carmichael?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)