|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of The Voice of the Martyrs?
(a) To minister to persecuted Christians throughout the world.
(b) To record the stories of martyrs throughout the ages.
(c) To pray for martyrs, past and present.
(d) To care for the children of slain Christians.
2. How was Taylor treated?
(a) As an honored guest.
(b) As a slave.
(c) He was shunned.
(d) He was persecuted.
3. What was happening in the church during Jonathan Edwards' life?
(a) It was a stagnant period of Christianity.
(b) There was a revival called The Great Awakening.
(c) Protestants and Catholics began to merge their beliefs.
(d) There were riots within the church.
4. Where did Carey move?
(b) The suburbs.
(c) The city.
5. What church did John and Charles Wesley found?
(d) The Church of Brothers.
6. How did Bunyan die?
(a) From a high fever.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He died from old age.
7. For what was Bunyan known before he was convicted of his behavior?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His foul mouth.
(c) His womanizing.
(d) His partying.
8. On what did most of Jonathan Edwards sermons focus?
9. To what group was it hardest for Carey to witness?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The poor.
(c) The sick.
(d) The immigrants.
10. Where did Carmichael go in 1895?
(b) North America.
(c) South India.
11. Where did Hudson Taylor travel in the 19th century?
12. Where was Abraham Kuyper from?
(a) The Netherlands.
13. How did Edwards die?
(a) Old age.
14. To whom did David Brainerd preach?
(a) The wealthy.
(d) North American Indians.
15. Why did Taylor return to England?
(a) Poor health.
(b) The natives wouldn't accept him.
(c) There was a death in his family.
(d) He wanted to train more missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paton do that made some of the people turn to God?
2. What group did Cameron lead?
3. What did Kuyper believe about education?
4. How many missionaries went back to the mainland?
5. What would happen when Spurgeon preached?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)