|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Edwards die?
(d) Old age.
2. Of what church did Spurgeon become pastor in 1851?
(a) Grace Baptist.
3. What has assaulted the church in the West over the last 150 years according to the author?
4. What did Kuyper believe about education?
(a) He believed in school choice where Christians could send children to non-state schools.
(b) He thought everyone should be educated by the state.
(c) He thought everyone should have an equal opportunity for education.
(d) It was a waste of time and resources for the young.
5. Which army remained victorious?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Norwegians.
(c) The Swedes.
(d) The Bohemians.
6. What unorthodox practice did George Whitefield bring to churches?
(a) He incorporated baptism and communion in the same service.
(b) He refused to label his church as a denomination.
(c) He preached outdoors.
(d) He used incense in a Protestant church.
7. How did Bunyan die?
(a) He died from old age.
(b) From a high fever.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He was hung.
8. What effect did the communist dictatorship have on Christians in Romania?
(a) They aimed to wipe Christianity out.
(b) It divided the church.
(c) It put Christianity on a pedestal.
(d) It redefined Christianity.
9. Why did Taylor return to England?
(a) The natives wouldn't accept him.
(b) There was a death in his family.
(c) He wanted to train more missionaries.
(d) Poor health.
10. How many people could Spurgeon reach when he preached in New Park Street Chapel?
(a) Tens of thousands.
11. What did Richard Wurmbrand refuse to do?
(a) Bow to the king.
(b) Own slaves.
(c) Praise the communist government.
(d) Translate the Bible.
12. Who did he train to preach in the North?
(b) Converts from the South.
(c) Other Northerners.
13. Who founded the China Inland Mission?
(a) David Livingston.
(b) Hudson Taylor.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) John Paton.
14. What was William Carey considered?
(a) Leader of the Great Awakening.
(b) The greatest missionary since the Apostles.
(c) Father of modern missions.
(d) The great motivator.
15. Why was John Bunyan arrested?
(a) For prostitution.
(b) He wasn't legally allowed to preach.
(c) He was drunk in public.
(d) He wouldn't bow to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Carmichael rescue children?
2. What really mattered to Carmichael?
3. Where did Hudson Taylor travel in the 19th century?
4. Who frowned upon Carmichael's family when they helped a poor woman move a heavy load?
5. Where was Charles Spurgeon a pastor?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)