|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cameron go when he left Holland?
2. How did Edwards die?
(d) Old age.
3. What happened as Carey preached?
(a) People prayed.
(b) People threw things at him.
(c) Thugs were hired to beat him.
(d) It began to rain.
4. Where did Hudson Taylor travel in the 19th century?
5. From what did Carmichael rescue children?
(b) Slave labor.
6. Who wanted to take away religious freedom in Cameron's era?
(a) Louis IV.
(c) Charles II.
(d) Richard III.
7. What did Paton do that made some of the people turn to God?
(a) He healed the sick.
(b) He uncovered an underground spring.
(c) He continuously helped others.
(d) He prayed.
8. How did the Christians respond to the Boxers?
(a) They refused to hide.
(b) They boycotted fights.
(c) They hid.
(d) They arranged prayer meetings around practice schedules.
9. What church did Machen form?
(a) The Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
10. How did Spurgeon deal with controversial topics?
(a) He avoided controversy.
(b) He never avoided controversy.
(c) He always played devil's advocate no matter how he really felt.
(d) He asked others to give their input on controversial topics.
11. What happened to Cameron's body after he was killed in battle?
(a) It was mummified.
(b) His head and hands were cut off.
(c) It was tossed into the sea.
(d) It was burned.
12. How old was Spurgeon when he preached his first sermon?
13. What has assaulted the church in the West over the last 150 years according to the author?
14. Where was Abraham Kuyper from?
(a) The Netherlands.
15. Where did Carey move?
(a) The suburbs.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Catholic Emperor of Germany in the 1620s?
2. Why was he dismissed from Northampton?
3. What great piece of literature did John Bunyan write?
4. How many people could Spurgeon reach when he preached in New Park Street Chapel?
5. For what was Bunyan known before he was convicted of his behavior?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)