|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gregory think about purgatory?
(a) He recanted his earlier belief in purgatory.
(b) He expanded the church's teaching on it.
(c) He denied there was such a place.
(d) He wanted to learn more about it.
2. Why did the Council of Nicaea convene?
(a) To discuss the church history.
(b) To solve the problems dividing the church.
(c) To create a new Bible.
(d) To judge Christian rulers.
3. How old was John Calvin when he wrote the Institutes of the Christian Religion?
(a) He was in his 30s.
(b) He was in his 40s.
(c) He was in his teens.
(d) He was in his 20s.
4. What did Arius deny?
(b) The New Testament.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The doctrine of the Trinity.
5. What did Constantine think he saw in the sky?
(a) A cross of light.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dove.
(d) An angel.
6. Tyndale felt that many Catholic doctrines were undermined by what?
(a) False documents.
(b) Fictional stories.
(c) Good translation.
(d) Writers paid to add.
7. How did Charlemagne feel about marriage?
(a) He would only marry if the pope blessed the union.
(b) He was so dedicated to his wife, he wouldn't remarry even after her death.
(c) He divorced several times.
(d) He wouldn't ever get married.
8. Who is considered the first father figure of the Reformation?
(a) Francis of Assisi.
(b) Willian Tyndale.
(d) Martin Luther.
9. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
10. Where did Jeanne go to spread the Gospel?
(c) To Germany.
(d) To her neighborhood.
11. What did Francis of Assisi think about while he was ill?
(a) The poor.
(b) His soul.
(c) The rich.
(d) Jesus and the Apostles.
12. What happened when Calvin confronted the priests who were arguing against him?
(a) Nothing. They ignored him.
(b) Many priests, monks and friars converted.
(c) He was sent to prison.
(d) He was banished.
13. What was Blandina's occupation?
14. To whom did Boniface witness?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The English.
(c) The Hessians.
(d) The French.
15. How did Blandina finally die?
(a) By sword.
(b) Wild animals ate her.
(c) She was hung to death.
(d) She was burned to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Augustine have?
2. Where was Luther hidden?
3. What did Polycarp do as he was dying?
4. Where did Augstine find forgiveness that led to his conversion?
5. Why did people want to join Bernard?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)