|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded England and defeated the Saxons?
(d) William, the Duke of Normandy.
2. What happened to Cranmer after he recanted?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He became the religious advisor to the queen.
3. Where did Jeanne go to spread the Gospel?
(a) To Germany.
(c) To her neighborhood.
4. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
(a) They accepted them.
(b) They laughed at them and told them to stop teaching the Bible.
(c) They turned away from them.
(d) They imprisoned them.
5. What gave religious freedom to Roman Catholics and Huguenots?
(a) The Freedom Proclamation.
(b) The Edict of Nantes.
(c) The Nicene Creed.
(d) The 95 Edicts.
6. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He became a priest.
(b) He became a Christian teacher.
(c) He became a secular teacher.
(d) He didn't get a job.
7. What nationality was John Calvin?
(c) French .
8. Who was a major religious influence for Bernard of Clairvaux?
(a) His mother.
(b) His priest.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
9. How did Charlemagne feel about marriage?
(a) He wouldn't ever get married.
(b) He would only marry if the pope blessed the union.
(c) He was so dedicated to his wife, he wouldn't remarry even after her death.
(d) He divorced several times.
10. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
(a) By blessing and preserving it.
(b) By smiting the enemies of it.
(c) By rescuing it.
(d) By turning His back on it.
11. What did Arius deny?
(a) The doctrine of the Trinity.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The New Testament.
12. What happened when Calvin confronted the priests who were arguing against him?
(a) He was sent to prison.
(b) Nothing. They ignored him.
(c) Many priests, monks and friars converted.
(d) He was banished.
13. What did Catherine de Medici do after Jeanne died?
(a) She recommended Jeanne for sainthood.
(b) She declared that the Huguenots and Catholics could worship freely.
(c) She killed Jeanne's children.
(d) She ordered a mass slaughter of the Huguenots.
14. What did Augustine feel about Christianity when he was young?
(a) He felt it was just a label.
(b) He felt a passion to share it.
(c) He felt like it was part of his soul.
(d) He rejected it.
15. How many times was Athanasius exiled from his church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diocletian want to do to Christianity?
2. Where was Blandina from?
3. What did Jeanne d'Albret declare on Christmas Day in 1560?
4. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
5. What were the French Protestants known as?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)