|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He became a secular teacher.
(b) He became a priest.
(c) He didn't get a job.
(d) He became a Christian teacher.
2. What church did the Protestants in Scotland create?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) A Lutheran church.
(c) A Calvinist church.
(d) A Reform church.
3. What did Arius deny?
(a) The New Testament.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The doctrine of the Trinity.
4. What helped the dead get out of purgatory?
(d) Good works.
5. What did the governor threaten to do if Polycarp wouldn't swear his loyalty?
(a) Shoot him.
(c) Burn him alive.
(d) Throw him to the lions,
6. John Huss said he would repent if people did what?
(a) Showed him in Scripture where he was wrong.
(b) Listened to a sermon.
(c) Became Christians.
(d) Let him pray for them.
7. What happened to the French Protestants?
(a) They were brutally persecuted.
(c) They were disbanded.
(d) They converted more peopleto Christianity.
8. To where did John Calvin escape?
9. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
(a) They laughed at them and told them to stop teaching the Bible.
(b) They accepted them.
(c) They imprisoned them.
(d) They turned away from them.
10. According to Luther, who mediated forgiveness between Christ and man?
(a) The priest.
(b) The Pope.
(d) A saint.
11. Why did the Council of Nicaea convene?
(a) To discuss the church history.
(b) To create a new Bible.
(c) To solve the problems dividing the church.
(d) To judge Christian rulers.
12. Who was a major religious influence for Bernard of Clairvaux?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His priest.
(d) His mother.
13. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
14. What was the punishment for Bible translation?
15. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
(a) He laughed at their ignorance.
(b) He wanted to hear more about their beliefs.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He was unkind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bernard go when he was 25?
2. What happened in Europe in the 1500s?
3. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
4. What did Augustine feel about Christianity when he was young?
5. What did Francis of Assisi think about while he was ill?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)