|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Anne Askew?
(a) She had the honor of converting multitudes of people.
(b) She was taunted by priests, tortured, and put to death.
(c) She was one of the first women to achieve an official position in the church.
(d) She was drowned as a witch.
2. What turned Peter to God?
(a) His mother prayed for him until he turned to God.
(b) He had a vision.
(c) He saw a man die and started thinking about the shortness of life.
(d) A powerful sermon.
3. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
(a) She tried poisoning the governor.
(b) For her faith.
(c) A client said she conned him.
(d) She preached against the government from the pulpit.
4. Alfred the Great was king of what country?
5. What nationality was John Calvin?
(b) French .
6. What was Waldo's role in life?
(a) He was a priest's assistant.
(b) He was a wealthy merchant.
(c) He was a poor beggar.
(d) He was a hard-working shopkeeper.
7. What gave religious freedom to Roman Catholics and Huguenots?
(a) The Edict of Nantes.
(b) The 95 Edicts.
(c) The Freedom Proclamation.
(d) The Nicene Creed.
8. When did Polycarp live?
(a) During the time of the Apostles.
(b) In the second generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(c) In the first generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(d) In the third generation of Christians following the Apostles.
9. How did Charlemagne feel about marriage?
(a) He would only marry if the pope blessed the union.
(b) He wouldn't ever get married.
(c) He was so dedicated to his wife, he wouldn't remarry even after her death.
(d) He divorced several times.
10. Where did Luther post his 95 theses?
(a) At the library.
(b) In the town newspaper.
(c) In the church bulletin.
(d) On the church door.
11. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
(a) He wanted to hear more about their beliefs.
(b) He was unkind.
(c) He laughed at their ignorance.
(d) He ignored them.
12. What did Constantine the Great do to Christianity?
(a) He legalized it.
(b) He banned it.
(c) He encouraged it for others, but not for his own self.
(d) He laughed at it.
13. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
14. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He didn't get a job.
(b) He became a priest.
(c) He became a secular teacher.
(d) He became a Christian teacher.
15. Who were the only people who could read the Bible according to the Romans?
(a) Only fathers.
(b) Only the monks.
(c) Nobody could.
(d) Only priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeanne d'Albret declare on Christmas Day in 1560?
2. What happened to the two prisoners with Blandina who wouldn't bow to Caesar?
3. What does the church call many of the great figures in Christian history?
4. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
5. How did Renee's husband try to help her?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)