1. What was happening to the church in its early years?
It was persecuted, but still survived and began flourishing.
2. What happened when Polycarp was captured?
He was taken to the Roman governor to swear loyalty to Caesar, which he refused to do.
3. Describe what happened when Polycarp was given a command in Rome.
He refused to bow to Caesar and was told he would burn at the stake. He continued to refuse.
4. What was so amazing about the way Polycarp died?
He died because of his faith, and during the final painful moments of his death, he thanked God for the honor of dying for Him.
5. What happened to Blandina when she was hung out on the post?
She was put there so the wild animals would eat her, but they didn't.
6. Why was Constantine the Great so important to the Christian movement?
He was a powerful ruler, and he legalized Christianity.
This section contains 1,709 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)