|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Recent Times, Standing for Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only people who could read the Bible according to the Romans?
(a) Only priests.
(b) Only the monks.
(c) Only fathers.
(d) Nobody could.
2. What did Diocletian want to do to Christianity?
(a) Keep it to a minimum.
(b) Legalize it.
(c) Ban it.
(d) Destroy it forever.
3. To whom was John Paton a missionary?
(a) The homeless in New York City.
(b) Cannibals in the South Pacific.
(c) The wealthy in India.
(d) Tribes in Africa.
4. How did Anthony die?
(a) He died for his faith, burned while tied to a stake.
(b) He died in battle against the Huguenots.
(c) He died from a disease he got while imprisoned.
(d) He died from old age.
5. What happened to Cranmer after he recanted?
(a) He became the religious advisor to the queen.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Elizabeth of Hungary known?
2. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
3. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
4. How old was Spurgeon when he died?
5. Alfred the Great was king of what country?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)