|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Recent Times, Standing for Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Alfred defend the country for seven years?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The pagans.
(d) The Christians.
2. What effect did the communist dictatorship have on Christians in Romania?
(a) It divided the church.
(b) It put Christianity on a pedestal.
(c) They aimed to wipe Christianity out.
(d) It redefined Christianity.
3. How many missionaries went back to the mainland?
4. What did Paton do that made some of the people turn to God?
(a) He continuously helped others.
(b) He healed the sick.
(c) He uncovered an underground spring.
(d) He prayed.
5. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He became a priest.
(b) He became a Christian teacher.
(c) He didn't get a job.
(d) He became a secular teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arius deny?
2. Why did people want to join Bernard?
3. What turned Peter to God?
4. What did Machen fight against?
5. What happened the first two years Brainerd was preaching?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)