|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Recent Times, Standing for Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brainerd's diary do for missionaries?
(a) It offers advice on sermon writing.
(b) It offers steps to take to get along with others on the mission field.
(c) It shows how to live among the natives.
(d) It inspires.
2. Alfred the Great was king of what country?
3. What did Spurgeon think about Christianity when he was young?
(a) It scared him.
(b) He didn't think about it at all.
(c) He struggled with his faith.
(d) He felt it was his destiny.
4. Where was Carey's heart?
(a) With the immigrants.
(b) With the North Native Americans.
(c) With his church.
(d) With unchurched people of foreign lands.
5. Who edited Brainerd's diary?
(a) Jonathan Edwards.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) David Livingstone.
(d) Jonathan Bunyan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did David Livingston live?
2. Who listened to Lewis' words on the radio?
3. What did the jailers do to Blandina?
4. How many people could Spurgeon reach when he preached in New Park Street Chapel?
5. What happened to the two prisoners with Blandina who wouldn't bow to Caesar?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)