|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Recent Times, Standing for Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Spurgeon deal with controversial topics?
(a) He never avoided controversy.
(b) He always played devil's advocate no matter how he really felt.
(c) He avoided controversy.
(d) He asked others to give their input on controversial topics.
2. How did Charlemagne feel about marriage?
(a) He wouldn't ever get married.
(b) He was so dedicated to his wife, he wouldn't remarry even after her death.
(c) He divorced several times.
(d) He would only marry if the pope blessed the union.
3. Why did Taylor return to England?
(a) There was a death in his family.
(b) Poor health.
(c) He wanted to train more missionaries.
(d) The natives wouldn't accept him.
4. What did John Newton fight against?
5. What happened to Cameron's body after he was killed in battle?
(a) His head and hands were cut off.
(b) It was tossed into the sea.
(c) It was mummified.
(d) It was burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising action did peaceful Bernard take?
2. Of what church did Spurgeon become pastor in 1851?
3. To what group was it hardest for Carey to witness?
4. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
5. What was the Catholic Emperor of Germany fighting against?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)