|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
2. What job did Athanasius have?
(a) Deacon of Alexandria.
(d) He was Bishop of Alexandria.
3. What did Diocletian want to do to Christianity?
(a) Keep it to a minimum.
(b) Ban it.
(c) Destroy it forever.
(d) Legalize it.
4. What unorthodox practice did George Whitefield bring to churches?
(a) He incorporated baptism and communion in the same service.
(b) He preached outdoors.
(c) He refused to label his church as a denomination.
(d) He used incense in a Protestant church.
5. Who invaded England and defeated the Saxons?
(d) William, the Duke of Normandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charlemagne's job?
2. How many missionaries went back to the mainland?
3. What was Waldo's role in life?
4. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
5. How did Gregory feel about becoming a universal bishop?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)