|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was William Carey considered?
(a) The greatest missionary since the Apostles.
(b) The great motivator.
(c) Leader of the Great Awakening.
(d) Father of modern missions.
2. What did William Tyndale do that made him an outlaw?
(a) He robbed from the church.
(b) He wanted to translate the Bible into English.
(c) He robbed from the wealthy to help the poor.
(d) He held a religious protest outside the church.
3. For what is St. Patrick most commonly known?
(a) Leading a slave revolt.
(b) Fighting against Christian legalism.
(c) Finding gold.
(d) Witnessing to the Irish.
4. What obstacles did Christians face while spreading the gospel during the early years and Middle Ages?
(a) Difficult social and economic conditions.
(b) People couldn't read.
(c) People already had gods with which they were pleased.
(d) No one had time for religion.
5. What was Richard Cameron's main job?
(d) Army commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising action did peaceful Bernard take?
2. How did Edwards die?
3. What job did Augustine have?
4. To whom did David Brainerd preach?
5. Why were people opposed to Calvin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)