|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Middle Ages, Light from Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bernard go when he was 25?
(a) To join his first monastery.
(b) To start a new monastery.
(c) To England.
(d) To Ireland.
2. How did Boniface die?
(a) He was killed by a pagan mob.
(b) He died from old age.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He died from illness.
3. When did Polycarp live?
(a) In the third generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(b) In the second generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(c) In the first generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(d) During the time of the Apostles.
4. What did Polycarp do as he was dying?
(a) He recanted his faith.
(b) He asked God why he wasn't being rescued.
(c) He cursed the governor.
(d) He thanked God for the honor of dying for Him.
5. Who invaded England and defeated the Saxons?
(c) William, the Duke of Normandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
2. Why did the Council of Nicaea convene?
3. What does the church call many of the great figures in Christian history?
4. What was Charlemagne's job?
5. Alfred the Great was king of what country?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)