|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Middle Ages, Light from Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bernard go when he was 25?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To join his first monastery.
(c) To England.
(d) To start a new monastery.
2. Why did people want to join Bernard?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) He had healing powers.
(c) He protected them.
(d) They appreciated his devotion.
3. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
4. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
(a) For her faith.
(b) A client said she conned him.
(c) She preached against the government from the pulpit.
(d) She tried poisoning the governor.
5. How did Gregory feel about becoming a universal bishop?
(a) He was ecstatic.
(b) He took it in stride.
(c) He felt he deserved it.
(d) He didn't want the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gregory think about purgatory?
2. Alfred the Great was king of what country?
3. Who was a major religious influence for Bernard of Clairvaux?
4. What happened to the two prisoners with Blandina who wouldn't bow to Caesar?
5. How did Peter understand the Bible?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)