|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Early Church, Facing Persecution, Fighting Heresy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Council of Nicaea convene?
(a) To solve the problems dividing the church.
(b) To judge Christian rulers.
(c) To discuss the church history.
(d) To create a new Bible.
2. What was Blandina's occupation?
3. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
(a) She preached against the government from the pulpit.
(b) For her faith.
(c) She tried poisoning the governor.
(d) A client said she conned him.
4. What did Diocletian want to do to Christianity?
(a) Legalize it.
(b) Destroy it forever.
(c) Ban it.
(d) Keep it to a minimum.
5. When did Polycarp live?
(a) In the second generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(b) In the first generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(c) In the third generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(d) During the time of the Apostles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Augustine feel about Christianity when he was young?
2. What did Polycarp do as he was dying?
3. How many times was Athanasius exiled from his church?
4. What did the governor threaten to do if Polycarp wouldn't swear his loyalty?
5. What did Constantine think he saw in the sky?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)