|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Early Church, Facing Persecution, Fighting Heresy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
(a) She preached against the government from the pulpit.
(b) She tried poisoning the governor.
(c) A client said she conned him.
(d) For her faith.
2. What were the worst trials Patrick faced?
(a) Starvation and hunger.
(b) Rejection and banishment.
(c) Attacks against the newly converted.
(d) Wild animal attacks.
3. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
(a) By turning His back on it.
(b) By blessing and preserving it.
(c) By rescuing it.
(d) By smiting the enemies of it.
4. What job did Augustine have?
(a) He became a secular teacher.
(b) He became a Christian teacher.
(c) He became a priest.
(d) He didn't get a job.
5. To whom was Polycarp supposed to swear loyalty according to the governor?
(c) The governor himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the jailers do to Blandina?
2. Where was Blandina from?
3. Why did the Council of Nicaea convene?
4. For what is St. Patrick most commonly known?
5. What job did Ambrose have before he became Bishop of Milan?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)