|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Early Church, Facing Persecution, Fighting Heresy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the jailers do to Blandina?
(a) Cut her and crushed her bones.
(b) They asked her to preach to them.
(c) Made her eat maggoty food.
(d) They tried to help free her.
2. What did Polycarp do as he was dying?
(a) He asked God why he wasn't being rescued.
(b) He thanked God for the honor of dying for Him.
(c) He recanted his faith.
(d) He cursed the governor.
3. What did Diocletian want to do to Christianity?
(a) Keep it to a minimum.
(b) Destroy it forever.
(c) Ban it.
(d) Legalize it.
4. What did Augustine feel about Christianity when he was young?
(a) He rejected it.
(b) He felt it was just a label.
(c) He felt like it was part of his soul.
(d) He felt a passion to share it.
5. How did Blandina finally die?
(a) She was hung to death.
(b) She was burned to death.
(c) Wild animals ate her.
(d) By sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Athanasius exiled from his church?
2. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
3. What did the governor threaten to do if Polycarp wouldn't swear his loyalty?
4. Why was Blandina imprisoned?
5. What did Arius deny?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)