|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is St. Patrick most commonly known?
(a) Finding gold.
(b) Witnessing to the Irish.
(c) Leading a slave revolt.
(d) Fighting against Christian legalism.
2. Who frowned upon Carmichael's family when they helped a poor woman move a heavy load?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The minister.
3. What happened to Renee after her time in solitary confinement?
(a) She was hung.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She agreed to confess.
(d) She was put on trial.
4. How were Christians treated in the 17th and 18th centuries?
(a) There continued to be religious persecution.
(b) No-one talked about Christianity.
(c) People only worshipped in private.
(d) Christians received more favors than secular people.
5. What did Krishna Pal do that caused outrage?
(a) He stole sacred ornaments from the church.
(b) He became a preacher.
(c) He broke caste.
(d) He was baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeanne d'Albret declare on Christmas Day in 1560?
2. What obstacles did Christians face while spreading the gospel during the early years and Middle Ages?
3. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
4. From whom did Alfred defend the country for seven years?
5. Where did Cameron go when he left Holland?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)