|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
(a) They imprisoned them.
(b) They accepted them.
(c) They laughed at them and told them to stop teaching the Bible.
(d) They turned away from them.
2. On what did most of Jonathan Edwards sermons focus?
3. What happened to the French Protestants?
(b) They were brutally persecuted.
(c) They were disbanded.
(d) They converted more peopleto Christianity.
4. Why were people opposed to Calvin?
(a) They thought he spoke blasphemy.
(b) They didn't like the moralistic controls he imposed on the city.
(c) They thought he was too self-righteous.
(d) They said he spoke one way and acted another.
5. What does Brainerd's diary do for missionaries?
(a) It offers steps to take to get along with others on the mission field.
(b) It inspires.
(c) It offers advice on sermon writing.
(d) It shows how to live among the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bunyan preach?
2. What did William Tyndale do that made him an outlaw?
3. For what was Bunyan known before he was convicted of his behavior?
4. What did Catherine de Medici do after Jeanne died?
5. What happened to Anne Askew?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)