|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Middle Ages, Light from Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Waldo's role in life?
(a) He was a poor beggar.
(b) He was a hard-working shopkeeper.
(c) He was a wealthy merchant.
(d) He was a priest's assistant.
2. How did Peter understand the Bible?
(a) He hired people to translate the Gospels.
(b) He hired a tutor.
(c) He didn't.
(d) He took a class.
3. What happened to the two prisoners with Blandina who wouldn't bow to Caesar?
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were starved.
(d) They were killed immediately.
4. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
(a) By smiting the enemies of it.
(b) By blessing and preserving it.
(c) By turning His back on it.
(d) By rescuing it.
5. Of what did Anselm have a vision when he was a child?
(a) A Bible.
(b) God's joy.
(c) A cross of light.
(d) A missionary journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
2. Who were the only people who could read the Bible according to the Romans?
3. Who did Ambrose convert to Christianity?
4. What does the church call many of the great figures in Christian history?
5. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)