|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god supposedly protected the sacred tree?
2. How did Boniface treat Christians who disagreed with the teachings of the Roman Church?
(a) He laughed at their ignorance.
(b) He was unkind.
(c) He wanted to hear more about their beliefs.
(d) He ignored them.
3. What obstacles did Christians face while spreading the gospel during the early years and Middle Ages?
(a) No one had time for religion.
(b) Difficult social and economic conditions.
(c) People couldn't read.
(d) People already had gods with which they were pleased.
4. What does Brainerd's diary do for missionaries?
(a) It shows how to live among the natives.
(b) It offers steps to take to get along with others on the mission field.
(c) It offers advice on sermon writing.
(d) It inspires.
5. How was Taylor treated?
(a) He was persecuted.
(b) As an honored guest.
(c) He was shunned.
(d) As a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many missionaries went back to the mainland?
2. Where did Carey move?
3. What happened to Renee after her time in solitary confinement?
4. How did the Romans treat the Waldensians?
5. What happened to Tyndale when he was captured?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)