|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Modern Missions, The Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bernard go when he was 25?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To start a new monastery.
(c) To England.
(d) To join his first monastery.
2. Where did Luther post his 95 theses?
(a) In the town newspaper.
(b) In the church bulletin.
(c) On the church door.
(d) At the library.
3. To whom did Boniface witness?
(a) The Hessians.
(b) The French.
(c) The English.
(d) The Irish.
4. To whom did David Brainerd preach?
(b) The wealthy.
(c) North American Indians.
5. How did Charlemagne feel about marriage?
(a) He wouldn't ever get married.
(b) He divorced several times.
(c) He would only marry if the pope blessed the union.
(d) He was so dedicated to his wife, he wouldn't remarry even after her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter understand the Bible?
2. What did William Tyndale do that made him an outlaw?
3. Where did Hudson Taylor travel in the 19th century?
4. What does Brainerd's diary do for missionaries?
5. What happened to Cranmer after he recanted?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)