Chapter 1, Early Church, Facing Persecution, Fighting Heresy
1. What does the church call many of the great figures in Christian history?
2. What did the first 200 years of the church face regularly?
3. How did the author feel that God responded to the church?
(a) By rescuing it.
(b) By blessing and preserving it.
(c) By turning His back on it.
(d) By smiting the enemies of it.
4. When did Polycarp live?
(a) During the time of the Apostles.
(b) In the first generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(c) In the third generation of Christians following the Apostles.
(d) In the second generation of Christians following the Apostles.
5. What job did Polycarp have?
(a) He was a judge in Smyrna.
(b) He was a professional beggar.
(c) He was the bishop of Smyrna.
(d) He was a priest in Smyrna.
6. Who was Polycarp's teacher?
(c) The Apostle John.
7. To whom was Polycarp supposed to swear loyalty according to the governor?
(a) The governor himself.
This section contains 3,862 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)