Chapter 1, Early Church, Facing Persecution, Fighting Heresy
• The early church is persecuted, but grows and thrives.
• Polycarp thanks God for the honor of dying for Him.
• Blandina, the slave, survives several horrible tortures before dying for her faith.
• Constantine legalizes Christianity.
• Athanasius defends Trinitarian doctrine.
• Ambrose becomes bishop after resolving disputes between the Aryans and Christians.
• Augustine becomes one of the greatest preachers in North Africa.
• St. Patrick , a former slave, goes to Ireland to witness after having a vision.
Chapter 2, Middle Ages, Light from Darkness
• Christians fight to spread God's Words even though social and economic conditions are tough.
• Pope Gregory helps others and stays humble.
• Boniface starts churches in Germany.
• Charlemagne gives to the poor, builds schools, and doubles his kingdom.
• King Alfred the Great holds off the Vikings, rebuilds his kingdom, and sets up schools.
• Anselm of Canterbury, the theologian, monk and archbishop, writes about...
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)