|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is awaiting Marco when he returns to Montevideo?
(a) His father's anger.
(c) Torture and arrest.
(d) A promotion.
2. Where did Cora meet her boyfriend?
(a) A political rally.
(b) At the synagogue.
(c) At school.
(d) Marching with the sugar cane workers.
3. What does Magda give up when she decides she cannot be with Jaime?
(a) Studying in Europe.
(b) Studying in Asia.
(c) Studying in Africa.
(d) Studying in America.
4. How does Emilia prove to the Tupas that she can be trusted?
(a) She tells them Marco sent her.
(b) She tells them she is Magda's friend.
(c) She shows her scars.
(d) She drops her mother's name.
5. What evidence does Magda come across that supports what she overheard from her employer?
(a) A dead body.
(b) False confessions.
(c) Photos from torture sessions.
(d) Torture equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jaime refuse to shake the officer's hand?
2. What happens when Marco visits Magda in Chapter 22?
3. What is the purpose of the Tupas taking a hostage?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Magda decide to do with her life?
5. After the duel, what picture is in the newspaper the next day?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)