|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dan Mitrione at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) He dies of a heart attack.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He discovers Magda's connections with the Tupas.
(d) He is kidnapped.
2. What does Magda do with the blood and sweat that creeps into her cell?
(a) She soaks it up with her clothing.
(b) She soaks it up with toilet paper.
(c) She washes it away.
(d) She ignores it.
3. Why is Magda never physically harmed in prison?
(a) She is not important enough to interrogate.
(b) Her father pays off the guards to leave her alone.
(c) She fights the guards off.
(d) Marco uses his connections to keep her safe.
4. What is Cora's fate at the end of the book?
(a) She is still in prison.
(b) She drowned herself.
(c) She has left the country.
(d) She has disappeared.
5. What is one of Gabriela's talents?
(a) Predicting the future for herself.
(b) Water witching.
(c) Reading tea leaves.
(d) Palm reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mitrione finally die?
2. What keeps Marco safe during the tumultuous times?
3. Who requests Magda's services within the USIS?
4. What is awaiting Marco when he returns to Montevideo?
5. What is the occupation of Peter Wentworth?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)