|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She has nightmares.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She writes them down.
2. What does Lilita do that upsets Emilia?
(a) Lilita tries to keep Emilia from Magda.
(b) Lilita frequently leaves the house at night.
(c) Lilita quits her job.
(d) Lilita has an affair.
3. What is Cora's religion?
4. What do Magda and Mamasita agree upon?
(a) Magda's father is a brilliant man.
(b) Their family is wonderfully gifted.
(c) Mamasita is old and foolish.
(d) Senora Rita and Magda's tias are very rude and ignorant.
5. What is Marco convinced will happen at the speech?
(a) A riot.
(b) The speaker will be arrested.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Magda worried about Emilia?
2. Who stops Magda when she goes for help during the riot?
3. What sight awes the Uruguayan students?
4. What does Senora Rita do with Magda's boyfriend?
5. What does "tias" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Gabriela reading palms?
2. How are the twins supposed to date boys?
3. What makes Cora so unique in the eyes of Magda and Emilia?
4. What happens to Magda after she escapes the riot?
5. Ultimately, what are the fates of Magda and Marco at the end of this novel?
6. What is significant about Senora Francisca having a bare house?
7. Why is Cora able to go to the zoo with Magda and Emilia?
8. Describe the story Josefa tells Magda.
9. What is Raquel's conflict in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Senor Ruben's mistress come to see Senora Francisca?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)