|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
(a) The Panama River.
(b) The Rio Blanco.
(c) The Rio Grande do Sul.
(d) The Rio de la Plata.
2. What happens after Magda hears Senora Francisca yelling?
(a) The senora slaps the lady.
(b) The senora shoots the lady.
(c) The senora throws her husband's belongings out the window.
(d) The senora throws her husband's belongings at the lady.
3. What does "tias" mean?
4. What does Marco's mother accuse her son of wanting?
(a) Changing Uruguay into a communist state.
(b) Wanting America to take over the country.
(c) Wanting Uruguay to become a state of another country.
(d) Wanting Uruguay to become democratic.
5. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
(a) "Peter Pan."
(b) "Oedipus Rex."
(c) "Alice in Wonderland."
(d) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magda notice at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How does Sofia stop Javier from hitting her with a belt?
3. Why is Magda worried about Emilia?
4. What does Lilita attempt to do?
5. What is Lilita's goal for her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is piropos?
2. What is significant about Gabriela reading palms?
3. What does Emilia find strange about Americans?
4. What makes Cora so unique in the eyes of Magda and Emilia?
5. Why does Wentworth have Emilia arrested?
6. Who is Basco?
7. What is the history between Mamasita and Magda's grandfather?
8. What does Magda realize about Dan Mitrione?:
9. What are Lilita's feelings on the revolution in regard to her daughter?
10. Why is Emilia so furious at her mother and Magda?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)