|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilita see in Magda and Marco's relationship?
(a) She sees that they will never end up together.
(b) She sees that they have too many differences at the moment.
(c) She sees that they will have a happy life together.
(d) She understands the conflicts they will face.
2. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
(a) The elephant.
(b) The giraffe.
(c) The chimp.
(d) The tiger.
3. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
(a) She delivers food.
(b) She is begging for food or clothing.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is delivering mended garments.
4. How do Magda and Emilia spy on Cora?
(a) They set up a mirror to reflect into Magda's room what Cora's house looks like.
(b) They watch her from Cora's own window.
(c) They watch her from the poinsettia tree.
(d) They bribe the postman to tell them about her.
5. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(b) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(c) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
(d) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Magda hears Senora Francisca yelling?
2. Why is Senora Francisca not friendly with the other women?
3. What does Magda's mother give Gabriela?
4. What neighbor does Magda love to visit?
5. What do Magda and Janet not agree upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is piropos?
2. What is the conflict between Marco and his parents?
3. Why does Marco object to Jaime being in Magda's life?
4. Describe Magda and Emilia's fishing spot.
5. How do Magda and Janet differ in opinions?
6. What is Raquel's conflict in Chapter 14?
7. What is significant about Senora Francisca having a bare house?
8. What are Senora Francisca's feelings about the Tupas?
9. What is Marco's role in the government and with the Tupas? Explain.
10. How are the twins supposed to date boys?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)