|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marco's goal?
(a) He wants the government and the Tupas to come together peacefully.
(b) He wants to dissolve the Tupas.
(c) He wants to dissolve the government.
(d) He wants the Tupas to move to another country.
2. Why is Magda fearful of seeing Marco?
(a) She does not believe they are on the same side anymore.
(b) She is afraid that he is behind some of the government atrocities.
(c) Marco was friends with Dan Mitrione.
(d) She knows he will try to arrest her.
3. What is Cora's fate at the end of the book?
(a) She is still in prison.
(b) She drowned herself.
(c) She has left the country.
(d) She has disappeared.
4. What classes does Magda take at university?
(a) Pre-law studies.
(c) Business and land management.
(d) Pre-medical studies.
5. What do the three women presented with relationship problems choose to do?
(a) All but Emilia choose security.
(b) They all choose security over love.
(c) All but Cora choose security.
(d) They all choose love over security.
6. For what occasion is Magda brought from her cell?
(a) Marco's funeral.
(b) Ramiro's funeral.
(c) Cora and Ramiro's wedding.
(d) The birth of Cora's child.
7. In Chapter 20, what does Emilia demand from Magda and her mother?
(a) Why they let her grow attached to Peter Wentworth.
(b) Why the Tupas did not help her.
(c) Why they turned her in.
(d) The truth as to why she was arrested.
8. What does Magda give up when she decides she cannot be with Jaime?
(a) Studying in Africa.
(b) Studying in America.
(c) Studying in Europe.
(d) Studying in Asia.
9. What happens to Emilia in prison?
(a) She is completely isolated.
(b) She is forced to sign false confessions.
(c) She is treated kindly.
(d) She is beaten and tortured.
10. Why is Magda never physically harmed in prison?
(a) Her father pays off the guards to leave her alone.
(b) She fights the guards off.
(c) Marco uses his connections to keep her safe.
(d) She is not important enough to interrogate.
11. Who are the three women presented in Chapter 14 who have to wrestle with the issue of love versus security?
(a) Raquel, Emilia and Cora.
(b) Cora, Magda and Raquel.
(c) Raquel, Emilia and Magda.
(d) Sofia, Carmen and Raquel.
12. What keeps Marco safe during the tumultuous times?
(a) His skills as a translator.
(b) His knowledge of the city.
(c) His father's military connections.
(d) His ties within the Tupamaros.
13. Who requests Magda's services within the USIS?
(a) Juan Peron.
(c) Che Guevara
(d) Dan Mitrione.
14. What does Magda hear as she arrives for the challenge?
(b) People cheering.
(c) A woman screaming.
(d) Jaime screaming for help.
15. What happens when Marco visits Magda in Chapter 22?
(a) He and Magda get married.
(b) He and Madga have a big fight.
(c) He and Magda make love.
(d) He and Magda break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has become affiliated with the Tupamaros by Chapter 17?
2. What can Magda hear in the cell next to her?
3. What is one of Gabriela's talents?
4. What does Magda do with the blood and sweat that creeps into her cell?
5. What does Marco look forward to?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)