|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Cora do to indicate to Magda and Emilia that it's OK for them to come over?
(a) She will throw small rocks at Magda's window.
(b) She will signal from her window.
(c) She will send her maid over to Magda.
(d) She will light a candle in the window.
2. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The revolution.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The anti-terrorist group.
(d) The war in Europe.
3. What is the name of the zoo animal that Magda and her classmates watch being born?
4. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
(a) She wants to keep an eye on Magda.
(b) She has a crush on Che.
(c) She wants to spend time with Marco.
(d) She wants to see if her mother is being honest about her part in Che's visit.
5. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
(a) Magda's feelings for Marco.
(c) Marco's military training.
6. How does Magda feel about her American family?
(a) She finds them to be rather ignorant.
(b) She finds them to very loving.
(c) She finds them to be overly religious.
(d) She finds them too be rather snobbish.
7. How are Margo and Raquel kept from wearing makeup?
(a) Their mother tells them that makeup is unattractive.
(b) They are allergic to makeup.
(c) They just do not like makeup.
(d) They are beaten with a belt.
8. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She writes them down.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She has nightmares.
9. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
(a) She is the girl's aunt.
(b) She is the girl's nurse.
(c) She is the girl's neighbor.
(d) She is the girl's maid.
10. What happens to Magda on the streets when she is looking for help during the riot?
(a) She is mugged.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is sexually assaulted.
(d) She is arrested.
11. What do Magda and Janet not agree upon?
(b) Foreign policy.
(d) Women's rights.
12. Why are the women fearful for the American woman?
(a) Some of the men are ignoring the other women.
(b) Some of the men are leaving.
(c) Some of the men are getting aggressive.
(d) Some of the men are tired of being harrassed.
13. Why is Cora able to invite Magda and Emilia over to her house?
(a) Her mother is gone.
(b) Her mother has relaxed the rules.
(c) Her father allows her to have friends over.
(d) Her maid is too drunk to realize that Cora is not allowed to have friends.
14. Whom do Magda and Emilia stop to help during the riot?
15. What is Emilia's father's reaction to his wife's act?
(a) He is remorseful.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Magda escape from the streets during the riot?
2. How do Magda and Emilia spy on Cora?
3. How does Lilita make a living?
4. What does "tias" mean?
5. Who stays at the Cerro?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)