|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "tias" mean?
2. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The sugar cane workers.
(d) The teachers.
3. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
(a) "Peter Pan."
(b) "Alice in Wonderland."
(c) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(d) "Oedipus Rex."
4. What sight awes the Uruguayan students?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) The ocean.
(d) New York City.
5. When she discovers Magda and Emilia in her wagon, what does Gabriela fear?
(a) She is afraid that the girls are there to mock her.
(b) She is afraid because she does not have any food to feed them.
(c) She is afraid that the girls are not safe.
(d) She is afraid that the soldiers will think she kidnapped the girls.
6. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The anti-terrorist group.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The war in Europe.
7. Why is Magda unsure of her trip to the United States?
(a) She is afraid that Americans will make fun of her accent.
(b) She has not had any good experiences with Americans.
(c) Her aunts did not portray the country very well.
(d) She is afraid she will not be able to return to Uruguay.
8. What happens after Magda hears Senora Francisca yelling?
(a) The senora throws her husband's belongings at the lady.
(b) The senora throws her husband's belongings out the window.
(c) The senora shoots the lady.
(d) The senora slaps the lady.
9. According to the women in Magda's family, who is visiting Uruguay?
(a) Eva Peron.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Che Guevara.
(d) Juan Peron.
10. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
(a) A painting.
(b) A bouquet of paper flowers.
(c) A sculpture of the river.
(d) Clay plates.
11. What is still haunting Magda?
(a) Cora's wounds.
(b) The person being shot at the speech.
(c) The police officer's sexual assault.
(d) The riot.
12. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A suit.
(d) A police officer's uniform.
13. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
(a) She is the girl's maid.
(b) She is the girl's neighbor.
(c) She is the girl's nurse.
(d) She is the girl's aunt.
14. How does Magda escape from the streets during the riot?
(a) Marco helps her.
(b) A police officer rescues her.
(c) Her family name keeps her safe.
(d) Someone calls her inside.
15. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She writes them down.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She has nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
2. Who stops Magda when she goes for help during the riot?
3. What is always in view of the girls?
4. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
5. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)