|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lilita do that upsets Emilia?
(a) Lilita frequently leaves the house at night.
(b) Lilita tries to keep Emilia from Magda.
(c) Lilita quits her job.
(d) Lilita has an affair.
2. Where do Magda and Emilia go to feel safe?
(a) The poinsettia tree.
(b) Their fishing spot.
(c) Magda's bedroom.
(d) Gabriela's house.
3. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
(a) The elephant.
(b) The chimp.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The giraffe.
4. What are Magda and Emilia particularly afraid to do?
(a) Go to Cora's house.
(b) Go to their fishing shack.
(c) Visit Gabriela.
(d) Leave Magda's bedroom.
5. Who is Magda's best friend?
6. What happens to Magda on the streets when she is looking for help during the riot?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She is mugged.
(c) She is sexually assaulted.
(d) She is arrested.
7. What "makes brothers and sisters of all who drink it?"
8. Why is Senora Francisca not friendly with the other women?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is very reclusive.
(c) She is not very wealthy.
(d) The other women find her to be haughty.
9. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
(a) Clay plates.
(b) A sculpture of the river.
(c) A painting.
(d) A bouquet of paper flowers.
10. What sort of tree is in front of Cora's house?
(a) A dogwood.
(b) A cactus.
(c) A tipa tree.
(d) A poinsettia tree.
11. What sight awes the Uruguayan students?
(a) New York City.
(b) The ocean.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. What is surprising about Senora Francisca's house?
(a) There is no furniture.
(b) It is very gaudy.
(c) It is very small.
(d) She lives alone.
13. At what age does a Latina come out?
14. What do Magda and Mamasita agree upon?
(a) Senora Rita and Magda's tias are very rude and ignorant.
(b) Mamasita is old and foolish.
(c) Magda's father is a brilliant man.
(d) Their family is wonderfully gifted.
15. What are Senora Francisca and Lilita waiting for?
(a) To be allowed to join the revolution.
(b) To leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
2. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
3. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
4. What historical event happens two months prior to the Uruguayan students' arrival?
5. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)