|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mamasita view Magda?
(a) Magda is very spoiled.
(b) Magda is very naive.
(c) Magda is her favorite grandchild.
(d) Magda is not very bright.
2. What are Magda and Emilia particularly afraid to do?
(a) Leave Magda's bedroom.
(b) Go to their fishing shack.
(c) Go to Cora's house.
(d) Visit Gabriela.
3. What does Magda notice at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The laborers are singing.
(b) The first fully-bloomed poinsettia.
(c) The fields are rotting.
(d) The clouds are darkening.
4. What happens to Magda on the streets when she is looking for help during the riot?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is mugged.
(d) She is sexually assaulted.
5. What neighbor does Magda love to visit?
(a) Senora Francisca.
(b) Senora Marta.
6. What does Magda admire about her best friend?
(a) Her sense of adventure.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her sensitivity and intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
7. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
(a) The Rio de la Plata.
(b) The Rio Grande do Sul.
(c) The Panama River.
(d) The Rio Blanco.
8. What are the names of Magda's twin cousins?
(a) Rosa and Maria.
(b) Diana and Felicia.
(c) Coco and Estrellita.
(d) Sofia and Carmen.
9. What did Magda's aunt see one of the twins doing?
(c) Dancing in a bar.
(d) Leaving a hotel with a boy.
10. How does Sofia stop Javier from hitting her with a belt?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She calls her boyfriend in for help.
(d) She insults him.
11. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
(a) A suit.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A police officer's uniform.
(d) A military uniform.
12. How does Magda escape from the streets during the riot?
(a) Her family name keeps her safe.
(b) Marco helps her.
(c) A police officer rescues her.
(d) Someone calls her inside.
13. What does the mysterious woman reveal to Senora Francisca?
(a) She is Senor Ruben's first wife.
(b) Her husband spends most of his money on his mistress.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Senor Ruben is very ill.
14. What do Emilia and Magda naively collect from the river?
(b) Used condoms.
(c) Used undergarments.
15. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
(a) "Oedipus Rex."
(b) "Alice in Wonderland."
(c) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(d) "Peter Pan."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this novel take place?
2. Why does Senora Francisca get a job?
3. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
4. What question does Mamasita ask Magda?
5. Why is Cora able to invite Magda and Emilia over to her house?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)