|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "makes brothers and sisters of all who drink it?"
2. What is surprising about Senora Francisca's house?
(a) There is no furniture.
(b) It is very gaudy.
(c) It is very small.
(d) She lives alone.
3. How is the woman who comes to the barrio dressed?
(a) She is wearing next to nothing.
(b) In elegant, expensive clothing.
(c) In foreign clothing.
(d) In rags.
4. What do Emilia and Magda naively collect from the river?
(b) Used undergarments.
(d) Used condoms.
5. Whom does the woman in Chapter 6 go to visit?
(a) Senora Francisca.
(d) Senora Rita.
6. What is still haunting Magda?
(a) The person being shot at the speech.
(b) The riot.
(c) Cora's wounds.
(d) The police officer's sexual assault.
7. Why are the women fearful for the American woman?
(a) Some of the men are getting aggressive.
(b) Some of the men are leaving.
(c) Some of the men are ignoring the other women.
(d) Some of the men are tired of being harrassed.
8. What happens after Magda hears Senora Francisca yelling?
(a) The senora slaps the lady.
(b) The senora shoots the lady.
(c) The senora throws her husband's belongings out the window.
(d) The senora throws her husband's belongings at the lady.
9. What neighbor does Magda love to visit?
(c) Senora Marta.
(d) Senora Francisca.
10. What happens during the speech?
(a) Che is arrested.
(b) Marco is mugged.
(c) Emilia is hurt.
(d) Someone is shot.
11. How does Sofia stop Javier from hitting her with a belt?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She insults him.
(d) She calls her boyfriend in for help.
12. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
(b) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(c) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(d) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
13. What is the name of the zoo animal that Magda and her classmates watch being born?
14. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
(a) Senora Marta.
(b) Senora Rita.
(d) The mysterious lady.
15. What question does Mamasita ask Magda?
(a) She asks Magda if she would ever be happy in Uruguay.
(b) She asks Magda if she would run the ranch.
(c) She asks Magda if she would ever join the Tupamaros.
(d) She asks Magda what she would give up to marry Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Magda see sneaking over to Senora Francisca's house?
2. What does Magda notice at the end of Chapter 3?
3. In 1959, how old are Magda and Emilia?
4. What are Magda and Emilia known for in their neighborhood?
5. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)