|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What neighbor does Magda love to visit?
(b) Senora Francisca.
(c) Senora Marta.
2. From what point of view is this story told?
(a) Multiple-person point of view.
(d) Omnipresent narrator.
3. What makes Cora mysterious to Magda and Emilia?
(a) She does not appear to have anyone to care for her.
(b) She is always chaperoned by her parents.
(c) She is very sad.
(d) She is very sickly.
4. What does Senora Rita do with Magda's boyfriend?
(a) She tricks him into sleeping with another girl.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She bribes him to stop seeing her daughter.
(d) She has him arrested.
5. How are the women in Magda's family described?
6. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
(a) She is begging for food or clothing.
(b) She is delivering mended garments.
(c) She delivers food.
(d) She is a nurse.
7. What happens during the speech?
(a) Marco is mugged.
(b) Someone is shot.
(c) Emilia is hurt.
(d) Che is arrested.
8. What historical event happens two months prior to the Uruguayan students' arrival?
(a) The assassination of John Lennon.
(b) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) The assassination of Bobby Kennedy.
(d) The assassination of John Kennedy.
9. What will Cora do to indicate to Magda and Emilia that it's OK for them to come over?
(a) She will send her maid over to Magda.
(b) She will signal from her window.
(c) She will light a candle in the window.
(d) She will throw small rocks at Magda's window.
10. Whose characters did Magda's neighbor name her sons after?
11. What does the mysterious woman reveal to Senora Francisca?
(a) Her husband spends most of his money on his mistress.
(b) She is Senor Ruben's first wife.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Senor Ruben is very ill.
12. What are Magda and Emilia particularly afraid to do?
(a) Go to Cora's house.
(b) Visit Gabriela.
(c) Go to their fishing shack.
(d) Leave Magda's bedroom.
13. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
14. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The sugar cane workers.
(d) The soldiers.
15. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
(a) A suit.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A police officer's uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
2. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
3. What does "tias" mean?
4. What does Emilia promise her mother?
5. What are Magda and Emilia known for in their neighborhood?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)