|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is still haunting Magda?
(a) The police officer's sexual assault.
(b) The person being shot at the speech.
(c) The riot.
(d) Cora's wounds.
2. What do the women of Magda's family feel they do not appreciate anymore?
(a) Being catcalled by the men.
(b) Being ignored by the men.
(c) Being forced to stay at home.
(d) Being treated as equals.
3. What does Emilia promise her mother?
(a) She will leave the country.
(b) She will not leave the country.
(c) She will marry well.
(d) She will not join the revolution.
4. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
(a) The Rio de la Plata.
(b) The Rio Grande do Sul.
(c) The Panama River.
(d) The Rio Blanco.
5. Why is Senora Francisca not friendly with the other women?
(a) She is not very wealthy.
(b) She is very reclusive.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) The other women find her to be haughty.
6. What does Cora reveal to Magda and Emilia in Chapter 4?
(a) She wants to be their friend.
(b) She is moving away soon.
(c) She is afraid of Uruguay.
(d) She is very sick.
7. Why are the women fearful for the American woman?
(a) Some of the men are leaving.
(b) Some of the men are getting aggressive.
(c) Some of the men are ignoring the other women.
(d) Some of the men are tired of being harrassed.
8. What "makes brothers and sisters of all who drink it?"
9. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(b) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
(c) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(d) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
10. Who is Magda's best friend?
11. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
(a) A bouquet of paper flowers.
(b) A sculpture of the river.
(c) A painting.
(d) Clay plates.
12. Why is the woman angry at Senor Ruben?
(a) He left her for a young mistress.
(b) He got her pregnant.
(c) He lied to her about the beauty of his wife.
(d) He lied to her about not being married.
13. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The revolution.
(b) The war in Europe.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The anti-terrorist group.
14. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
(a) She is the girl's aunt.
(b) She is the girl's neighbor.
(c) She is the girl's maid.
(d) She is the girl's nurse.
15. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
(a) She wants to see if her mother is being honest about her part in Che's visit.
(b) She has a crush on Che.
(c) She wants to keep an eye on Magda.
(d) She wants to spend time with Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story Josefa tells Magda?
2. What does Lilita see in Magda and Marco's relationship?
3. In Chapter 7, whom does Emilia claim that she no longer likes?
4. How does Magda see Janet and other American students?
5. How are the women in Magda's family described?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)