|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Magda and Emilia spy on Cora?
(a) They set up a mirror to reflect into Magda's room what Cora's house looks like.
(b) They watch her from the poinsettia tree.
(c) They watch her from Cora's own window.
(d) They bribe the postman to tell them about her.
2. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She has nightmares.
(b) She writes them down.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She falls asleep.
3. How are the women in Magda's family described?
4. What does the mysterious woman reveal to Senora Francisca?
(a) Her husband spends most of his money on his mistress.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is Senor Ruben's first wife.
(d) Senor Ruben is very ill.
5. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
(b) The mysterious lady.
(c) Senora Rita.
(d) Senora Marta.
6. What do Emilia and Magda naively collect from the river?
(c) Used undergarments.
(d) Used condoms.
7. According to the women in Magda's family, who is visiting Uruguay?
(a) Juan Peron.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Eva Peron.
(d) Che Guevara.
8. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
(a) "Oedipus Rex."
(b) "Alice in Wonderland."
(c) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(d) "Peter Pan."
9. What is Marco convinced will happen at the speech?
(a) He will be murdered.
(b) A riot.
(c) The speaker will be arrested.
(d) He will be shot.
10. At what age does a Latina come out?
11. What did Magda's aunt see one of the twins doing?
(c) Dancing in a bar.
(d) Leaving a hotel with a boy.
12. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
(a) They want to know where she lives.
(b) They want to take back what their mothers had given Gabriela.
(c) They want to run away from their homes.
(d) They want to play a prank on their parents.
13. What present does Magda bring Gabriela?
(a) A sculpture of the river.
(b) A bouquet of paper flowers.
(c) A painting.
(d) Clay plates.
14. What is shocking about the woman who comes to the barrio?
(a) She is extremely old.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is very ugly.
(d) She is foreign.
15. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
(a) She is begging for food or clothing.
(b) She delivers food.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is delivering mended garments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight awes the Uruguayan students?
2. What does Lilita do that upsets Emilia?
3. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
4. Why did the woman come to see Senora Francisca?
5. Who is Magda's best friend?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)