|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lilita's goal for her daughter?
(a) Emilia is to marry well.
(b) Emilia is to become an actress.
(c) Emilia is to become a teacher.
(d) Emilia is to become a doctor.
2. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
(a) The mysterious lady.
(c) Senora Marta.
(d) Senora Rita.
3. What is always in view of the girls?
(a) A giant cross.
(b) The government prison.
(c) A portrait of Che Guevara.
(d) The estrella federal.
4. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
(b) Marco's military training.
(d) Magda's feelings for Marco.
5. Who is speaking at the university?
(a) Che Guevara.
(b) The president of Uruguay.
(c) The British ambassador.
(d) Fidel Castro.
6. What is Emilia's father's reaction to his wife's act?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is remorseful.
(d) He is embarrassed.
7. What do Magda and Mamasita agree upon?
(a) Senora Rita and Magda's tias are very rude and ignorant.
(b) Mamasita is old and foolish.
(c) Magda's father is a brilliant man.
(d) Their family is wonderfully gifted.
8. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She delivers food.
(c) She is begging for food or clothing.
(d) She is delivering mended garments.
9. What does "tias" mean?
10. What is the name of the zoo animal that Magda and her classmates watch being born?
11. What career path is Marco's father pushing for his son?
12. What question does Mamasita ask Magda?
(a) She asks Magda if she would ever be happy in Uruguay.
(b) She asks Magda if she would run the ranch.
(c) She asks Magda what she would give up to marry Jaime.
(d) She asks Magda if she would ever join the Tupamaros.
13. How do Magda and Emilia spy on Cora?
(a) They set up a mirror to reflect into Magda's room what Cora's house looks like.
(b) They bribe the postman to tell them about her.
(c) They watch her from Cora's own window.
(d) They watch her from the poinsettia tree.
14. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
(a) A police officer's uniform.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A suit.
15. What is still haunting Magda?
(a) The person being shot at the speech.
(b) The riot.
(c) The police officer's sexual assault.
(d) Cora's wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco's mother accuse her son of wanting?
2. How does Senora Francisca keep her husband from spending any more money?
3. According to rumor, who might be involved with a dead Nazi?
4. How are the women in Magda's family described?
5. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)