Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "tias" mean?
2. Why do Sofia's actions disgrace Magda's parents?
(a) Sofia is dating an unacceptable suitor.
(b) Magda's parents are the twins' legal guardians.
(c) Magda's parents have to pay for Sofia's hotel room.
(d) Sofia is not related to them.
3. What does Magda do after Emilia's admonishment in Chapter 5?
(a) She tells Lilita to go home.
(b) She runs home in the rain.
(c) She starts sobbing and begs for forgiveness.
(d) She slap Emilia.
4. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
(a) Magda's feelings for Marco.
(d) Marco's military training.
5. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(b) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(c) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
(d) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
6. What does Lilita do that upsets Emilia?
(a) Lilita quits her job.
(b) Lilita has an affair.
(c) Lilita frequently leaves the house at night.
(d) Lilita tries to keep Emilia from Magda.
7. Why is Cora able to invite Magda and Emilia over to her house?
(a) Her mother is gone.
(b) Her mother has relaxed the rules.
(c) Her maid is too drunk to realize that Cora is not allowed to have friends.
(d) Her father allows her to have friends over.
8. Why is Senora Francisca not friendly with the other women?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is very reclusive.
(c) She is not very wealthy.
(d) The other women find her to be haughty.
9. How are the women supposed to view being yelled at by the men?
(a) The women are supposed to ignore them.
(b) The women are supposed to yell back.
(c) The women are supposed to get angry.
(d) The women are supposed to be complimented.
10. How are the women in Magda's family described?
11. What did Magda's aunt see one of the twins doing?
(a) Leaving a hotel with a boy.
(b) Dancing in a bar.
12. Who is speaking at the university?
(a) The British ambassador.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) The president of Uruguay.
(d) Che Guevara.
13. Where does this novel take place?
(a) Santiago, Chile.
(b) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(c) Montevideo, Uruguay.
(d) Mexico City, Mexico.
14. Whom does Magda see sneaking over to Senora Francisca's house?
15. How does Magda escape from the streets during the riot?
(a) Marco helps her.
(b) A police officer rescues her.
(c) Her family name keeps her safe.
(d) Someone calls her inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senora Rita do with Magda's boyfriend?
2. Why is Magda worried about Emilia?
3. What is Emilia's response to Magda's idea in Chapter 5?
4. What does Emilia promise her mother?
5. Who stays at the Cerro?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)