|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lilita's goal for her daughter?
(a) Emilia is to marry well.
(b) Emilia is to become a doctor.
(c) Emilia is to become an actress.
(d) Emilia is to become a teacher.
2. What are Senora Francisca and Lilita waiting for?
(a) To be allowed to join the revolution.
(b) To leave the country.
3. When flowers meant for Cora arrives at Magda's house, what opportunity arises?
(a) Magda and Emilia take the flowers to Gabriela.
(b) Magda shows off the flowers to Emilia.
(c) Magda and Emilia visit Cora's house for the first time.
(d) Magda and Emilia finally have something that Cora does not.
4. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(b) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
(c) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(d) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
5. What historical event happens two months prior to the Uruguayan students' arrival?
(a) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) The assassination of John Lennon.
(c) The assassination of Bobby Kennedy.
(d) The assassination of John Kennedy.
6. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The anti-terrorist group.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The war in Europe.
7. What question does Mamasita ask Magda?
(a) She asks Magda if she would run the ranch.
(b) She asks Magda if she would ever be happy in Uruguay.
(c) She asks Magda what she would give up to marry Jaime.
(d) She asks Magda if she would ever join the Tupamaros.
8. How are the women supposed to view being yelled at by the men?
(a) The women are supposed to ignore them.
(b) The women are supposed to yell back.
(c) The women are supposed to get angry.
(d) The women are supposed to be complimented.
9. What will Cora do to indicate to Magda and Emilia that it's OK for them to come over?
(a) She will send her maid over to Magda.
(b) She will signal from her window.
(c) She will light a candle in the window.
(d) She will throw small rocks at Magda's window.
10. What happened to Emilia once?
(a) She was arrested.
(b) She was held hostage.
(c) She was questioned about her mother.
(d) She was assaulted on the streets.
11. Who stays at the Cerro?
(a) The middle class and the laborers.
(b) The poor and the soldiers.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The government workers.
12. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
(a) The Rio de la Plata.
(b) The Rio Blanco.
(c) The Rio Grande do Sul.
(d) The Panama River.
13. What neighbor does Magda love to visit?
(a) Senora Francisca.
(b) Senora Marta.
14. What are Magda and Emilia particularly afraid to do?
(a) Visit Gabriela.
(b) Go to Cora's house.
(c) Leave Magda's bedroom.
(d) Go to their fishing shack.
15. What career path is Marco's father pushing for his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
2. Who invites Magda, Cora and Emilia over to watch a movie?
3. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
4. Who is Magda's best friend?
5. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)