|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lilita make a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a beggar.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is a maid.
2. Who stays at the Cerro?
(a) The poor and the soldiers.
(b) The middle class and the laborers.
(c) The government workers.
(d) The wealthy.
3. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
4. What does Cora reveal to Magda and Emilia in Chapter 4?
(a) She is afraid of Uruguay.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She is moving away soon.
(d) She wants to be their friend.
5. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The anti-terrorist group.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The war in Europe.
6. Why did the woman come to see Senora Francisca?
(a) She wants the senora's forgiveness.
(b) She hopes the senora will kill her husband out of anger.
(c) She hopes the senora will help her care for the baby.
(d) She hopes the senora will help her find a job.
7. Why do Sofia's actions disgrace Magda's parents?
(a) Magda's parents have to pay for Sofia's hotel room.
(b) Sofia is not related to them.
(c) Sofia is dating an unacceptable suitor.
(d) Magda's parents are the twins' legal guardians.
8. Why is the woman angry at Senor Ruben?
(a) He lied to her about the beauty of his wife.
(b) He got her pregnant.
(c) He left her for a young mistress.
(d) He lied to her about not being married.
9. How does Cora signal the girls in Chapter 7?
(a) With a knock on the door.
(b) With a red sock on her windowsill.
(c) With a handkerchief.
(d) With a candle in the window.
10. How does Sofia stop Javier from hitting her with a belt?
(a) She apologizes.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She calls her boyfriend in for help.
(d) She insults him.
11. According to the women in Magda's family, who is visiting Uruguay?
(a) Che Guevara.
(b) Eva Peron.
(c) Juan Peron.
(d) Fidel Castro.
12. What is the name of the zoo animal that Magda and her classmates watch being born?
13. What career path is Marco's father pushing for his son?
14. What are Magda and Emilia known for in their neighborhood?
15. What do Magda and Janet not agree upon?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) Foreign policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
2. Where does this novel take place?
3. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
4. When flowers meant for Cora arrives at Magda's house, what opportunity arises?
5. When she discovers Magda and Emilia in her wagon, what does Gabriela fear?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)