|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The war in Europe.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The anti-terrorist group.
2. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She writes them down.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She has nightmares.
3. What is still haunting Magda?
(a) The riot.
(b) Cora's wounds.
(c) The person being shot at the speech.
(d) The police officer's sexual assault.
4. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
(a) She has a crush on Che.
(b) She wants to see if her mother is being honest about her part in Che's visit.
(c) She wants to keep an eye on Magda.
(d) She wants to spend time with Marco.
5. What confuses Emilia about Americans?
(a) How free they are with their love.
(b) How angry they are at their government.
(c) How seriously they take their religion.
(d) How serious they are about their work.
6. What does Magda admire about her best friend?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her sensitivity and intelligence.
(c) Her sense of adventure.
(d) Her beauty.
7. What historical event happens two months prior to the Uruguayan students' arrival?
(a) The assassination of John Lennon.
(b) The assassination of John Kennedy.
(c) The assassination of Bobby Kennedy.
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
8. What is Marco convinced will happen at the speech?
(a) He will be murdered.
(b) The speaker will be arrested.
(c) A riot.
(d) He will be shot.
9. What does Cora reveal to Magda and Emilia in Chapter 4?
(a) She is very sick.
(b) She is moving away soon.
(c) She is afraid of Uruguay.
(d) She wants to be their friend.
10. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(b) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
(c) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(d) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
11. Who invites Magda, Cora and Emilia over to watch a movie?
12. What does Magda suggest that she and Emilia do to lighten the mood in Chapter 5?
(b) Visit Gabriela.
(c) Play pranks.
13. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
(a) They want to play a prank on their parents.
(b) They want to run away from their homes.
(c) They want to take back what their mothers had given Gabriela.
(d) They want to know where she lives.
14. How does Senora Francisca keep her husband from spending any more money?
(a) She gives all his money to his mistress.
(b) She burns all of his money.
(c) She puts a freeze on his bank account.
(d) She buys all new furniture and sends him the bill.
15. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
(a) The sugar cane workers.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lilita see in Magda and Marco's relationship?
2. How are the women supposed to view being yelled at by the men?
3. What does Magda do after Emilia's admonishment in Chapter 5?
4. Whom does the woman in Chapter 6 go to visit?
5. Whom does Magda see sneaking over to Senora Francisca's house?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)