|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magda suggest that she and Emilia do to lighten the mood in Chapter 5?
(b) Visit Gabriela.
(c) Play pranks.
2. What did the families of Magda's grandparents attempt?
(a) They tried to keep Magda's grandparents apart.
(b) They tried to send Mamacita out of the country.
(c) They tried to force her grandparents into marriage.
(d) They tried to enlist her grandfather in the army.
3. How are Margo and Raquel kept from wearing makeup?
(a) They are beaten with a belt.
(b) Their mother tells them that makeup is unattractive.
(c) They are allergic to makeup.
(d) They just do not like makeup.
4. What is Emilia's father's reaction to his wife's act?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is remorseful.
5. What question does Mamasita ask Magda?
(a) She asks Magda if she would run the ranch.
(b) She asks Magda what she would give up to marry Jaime.
(c) She asks Magda if she would ever be happy in Uruguay.
(d) She asks Magda if she would ever join the Tupamaros.
6. What is Emilia's response to Magda's idea in Chapter 5?
(a) She hates singing.
(b) It is too dangerous to visit Gabriela.
(c) She does not feel like dancing.
(d) She tells Magda they are too grown up for pranks.
7. Who invites Magda, Cora and Emilia over to watch a movie?
8. What country is Magda's grandfather from?
9. From what point of view is this story told?
(a) Multiple-person point of view.
(b) Omnipresent narrator.
10. How does Cora signal the girls in Chapter 7?
(a) With a knock on the door.
(b) With a handkerchief.
(c) With a red sock on her windowsill.
(d) With a candle in the window.
11. Whom does the woman in Chapter 6 go to visit?
(b) Senora Francisca.
(d) Senora Rita.
12. What are the names of Magda's twin cousins?
(a) Coco and Estrellita.
(b) Sofia and Carmen.
(c) Diana and Felicia.
(d) Rosa and Maria.
13. What is shocking about the woman who comes to the barrio?
(a) She is foreign.
(b) She is extremely old.
(c) She is very ugly.
(d) She is very beautiful.
14. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
15. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
(a) She has nightmares.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She writes them down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
2. What are Magda and Emilia known for in their neighborhood?
3. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
4. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
5. Where does this novel take place?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)