|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The giraffe.
(c) The elephant.
(d) The chimp.
2. How does Magda escape from the streets during the riot?
(a) Marco helps her.
(b) A police officer rescues her.
(c) Her family name keeps her safe.
(d) Someone calls her inside.
3. What "makes brothers and sisters of all who drink it?"
4. What does "tias" mean?
5. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
(a) Senor Ruben's sister.
(b) Senor Ruben's illegitimate child.
(c) Senor Ruben's secretary.
(d) Senor Ruben's mistress.
6. In Chapter 7, whom does Emilia claim that she no longer likes?
7. When she discovers Magda and Emilia in her wagon, what does Gabriela fear?
(a) She is afraid that the girls are not safe.
(b) She is afraid that the soldiers will think she kidnapped the girls.
(c) She is afraid because she does not have any food to feed them.
(d) She is afraid that the girls are there to mock her.
8. What are the names of Magda's twin cousins?
(a) Coco and Estrellita.
(b) Rosa and Maria.
(c) Sofia and Carmen.
(d) Diana and Felicia.
9. What does Emilia promise her mother?
(a) She will leave the country.
(b) She will not leave the country.
(c) She will not join the revolution.
(d) She will marry well.
10. Where does this novel take place?
(a) Santiago, Chile.
(b) Mexico City, Mexico.
(c) Montevideo, Uruguay.
(d) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
11. What does Magda hope will be therapeutic for her trauma?
12. What sort of tree is in front of Cora's house?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A tipa tree.
(c) A dogwood.
(d) A poinsettia tree.
13. What is Cora's religion?
14. Why are the women fearful for the American woman?
(a) Some of the men are getting aggressive.
(b) Some of the men are leaving.
(c) Some of the men are ignoring the other women.
(d) Some of the men are tired of being harrassed.
15. How are the women in Magda's family described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Cora mysterious to Magda and Emilia?
2. How does Magda see Janet and other American students?
3. What is always in view of the girls?
4. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
5. What is still haunting Magda?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)