Short Answer Key
1. Where does this novel take place?
2. Who stays at the Cerro?
The poor and the soldiers.
3. From what point of view is this story told?
4. Who is Magda's best friend?
5. What does Magda admire about her best friend?
Her sensitivity and intelligence.
6. What is always in view of the girls?
The estrella federal.
7. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
She is begging for food or clothing.
8. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
They want to know where she lives.
9. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
The Rio de la Plata.
10. When she discovers Magda and Emilia in her wagon, what does Gabriela fear?
She is afraid that the soldiers will think she kidnapped the girls.
11. What special treat does Magda lie about having for...
This section contains 2,299 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)