|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senora Rita do with Magda's boyfriend?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She bribes him to stop seeing her daughter.
(c) She has him arrested.
(d) She tricks him into sleeping with another girl.
2. Where did Cora meet her boyfriend?
(a) At the synagogue.
(b) A political rally.
(c) Marching with the sugar cane workers.
(d) At school.
3. What are Senora Francisca and Lilita waiting for?
(a) To be allowed to join the revolution.
(b) To leave the country.
4. Who helps Magda deal with her guilt over Mitrione?
(d) Senora Francisca.
5. How does Sofia stop Javier from hitting her with a belt?
(a) She insults him.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She calls her boyfriend in for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge is thrown when Jaime insults the officer?
2. When flowers meant for Cora arrives at Magda's house, what opportunity arises?
3. What does Magda hope will be therapeutic for her trauma?
4. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
5. What does the taxi driver advise Magda to do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)