|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mitrione kidnap beggars?
(a) He was trying to turn them into soldiers.
(b) He believed the beggars ran the Tupas.
(c) He was trying to help them by getting them off the streets.
(d) He was using them for torture experiments.
2. Why does Emilia agree to go to the speech?
(a) She has a crush on Che.
(b) She wants to spend time with Marco.
(c) She wants to see if her mother is being honest about her part in Che's visit.
(d) She wants to keep an eye on Magda.
3. What does Marco's mother accuse her son of wanting?
(a) Wanting Uruguay to become democratic.
(b) Wanting Uruguay to become a state of another country.
(c) Wanting America to take over the country.
(d) Changing Uruguay into a communist state.
4. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
(a) The war in Europe.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The revolution.
(d) The anti-terrorist group.
5. What does Magda suggest that she and Emilia do to lighten the mood in Chapter 5?
(a) Play pranks.
(b) Visit Gabriela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
2. What is Emilia's response to Magda's idea in Chapter 5?
3. What is always in view of the girls?
4. What are the names of Magda's twin cousins?
5. How does Lilita make a living?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)