|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Allenberg not allow Cora to see anyone?
(a) She is afraid that Cora is too good for everyone else.
(b) She is afraid that Cora will become too attached to the people in the barrio.
(c) She is afraid of the Uruguayans.
(d) She is afraid people will be cruel to Cora because she is Jewish.
2. What makes Cora mysterious to Magda and Emilia?
(a) She is always chaperoned by her parents.
(b) She is very sickly.
(c) She does not appear to have anyone to care for her.
(d) She is very sad.
3. How are Margo and Raquel kept from wearing makeup?
(a) They are beaten with a belt.
(b) Their mother tells them that makeup is unattractive.
(c) They are allergic to makeup.
(d) They just do not like makeup.
4. What does Magda do after Emilia's admonishment in Chapter 5?
(a) She slap Emilia.
(b) She tells Lilita to go home.
(c) She runs home in the rain.
(d) She starts sobbing and begs for forgiveness.
5. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
(a) She is the girl's aunt.
(b) She is the girl's neighbor.
(c) She is the girl's maid.
(d) She is the girl's nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is this story told?
2. On which boy does Magda develop a crush?
3. What does Lilita see in Magda and Marco's relationship?
4. Who is the mysterious woman in Chapter 6?
5. What is Emilia's father's reaction to his wife's act?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)