|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lilita make a living?
(a) She is a maid.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a beggar.
2. What do Marco and Magda argue over in Chapter 9?
(a) Marco's military training.
(d) Magda's feelings for Marco.
3. From what point of view is this story told?
(b) Multiple-person point of view.
(c) Omnipresent narrator.
4. Who lives across the street from Cora?
(a) Magda's family.
(b) Senor Ruben and his family.
(c) Lilita's family.
(d) Josefa's family.
5. Why is Cora able to invite Magda and Emilia over to her house?
(a) Her maid is too drunk to realize that Cora is not allowed to have friends.
(b) Her father allows her to have friends over.
(c) Her mother has relaxed the rules.
(d) Her mother is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
2. What does Magda do after Emilia's admonishment in Chapter 5?
3. Why is Magda worried about Emilia?
4. What is shocking about the woman who comes to the barrio?
5. What does Magda hope will be therapeutic for her trauma?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)