|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emilia's response to Magda's idea in Chapter 5?
(a) She hates singing.
(b) She does not feel like dancing.
(c) She tells Magda they are too grown up for pranks.
(d) It is too dangerous to visit Gabriela.
2. From what point of view is this story told?
(a) Omnipresent narrator.
(d) Multiple-person point of view.
3. What does Emilia promise her mother?
(a) She will not leave the country.
(b) She will marry well.
(c) She will leave the country.
(d) She will not join the revolution.
4. What literary work is referenced in the description of Cora's house?
(a) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(b) "Alice in Wonderland."
(c) "Peter Pan."
(d) "Oedipus Rex."
5. What animal is Magda particularly excited about seeing?
(a) The chimp.
(b) The giraffe.
(c) The elephant.
(d) The tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
2. Who stays at the Cerro?
3. How does Lilita make a living?
4. In 1959, how old are Magda and Emilia?
5. Where do Magda and Emilia go to feel safe?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)