|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senor Ruben wear to work everyday?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A police officer's uniform.
(c) A trench coat.
(d) A suit.
2. What is Lilita's goal for her daughter?
(a) Emilia is to marry well.
(b) Emilia is to become an actress.
(c) Emilia is to become a doctor.
(d) Emilia is to become a teacher.
3. What does Lilita do that upsets Emilia?
(a) Lilita frequently leaves the house at night.
(b) Lilita tries to keep Emilia from Magda.
(c) Lilita quits her job.
(d) Lilita has an affair.
4. What does "tias" mean?
5. Why does Mrs. Allenberg not allow Cora to see anyone?
(a) She is afraid of the Uruguayans.
(b) She is afraid people will be cruel to Cora because she is Jewish.
(c) She is afraid that Cora will become too attached to the people in the barrio.
(d) She is afraid that Cora is too good for everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the women in Magda's family described?
2. How are the women supposed to view being yelled at by the men?
3. Where do Magda and Emilia go to feel safe?
4. Whom does Magda see sneaking over to Senora Francisca's house?
5. What does Magda do when she hears Josefa's stories?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)