|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magda's mother give Gabriela?
(a) Magda's clothing.
(b) Clay plates Magda had made in kindergarten.
(c) A sculpture of the poinsettia tree Magda had made with Emilia.
(d) A painting Magda had done of the sunset.
2. From what point of view is this story told?
(b) Multiple-person point of view.
(c) Omnipresent narrator.
3. What are Magda and Emilia particularly afraid to do?
(a) Visit Gabriela.
(b) Go to their fishing shack.
(c) Go to Cora's house.
(d) Leave Magda's bedroom.
4. How is the woman who comes to the barrio dressed?
(a) In foreign clothing.
(b) She is wearing next to nothing.
(c) In rags.
(d) In elegant, expensive clothing.
5. What does Gabriela follow to get home?
(a) The Rio de la Plata.
(b) The Rio Grande do Sul.
(c) The Panama River.
(d) The Rio Blanco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman reveal to Senora Francisca?
2. Why are the women fearful for the American woman?
3. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
4. According to the women in Magda's family, who is visiting Uruguay?
5. What special treat does Magda lie about having for breakfast?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)