|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magda do after Emilia's admonishment in Chapter 5?
(a) She starts sobbing and begs for forgiveness.
(b) She slap Emilia.
(c) She tells Lilita to go home.
(d) She runs home in the rain.
2. In Chapter 7, whom does Emilia claim that she no longer likes?
3. What does Lilita attempt to do?
(a) Ground her daughter.
(b) Go after the officer who assaulted Magda.
(c) Send her daughter out of the country.
(d) Commit suicide.
4. What does Magda notice at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The fields are rotting.
(b) The laborers are singing.
(c) The clouds are darkening.
(d) The first fully-bloomed poinsettia.
5. Who is speaking at the university?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) The British ambassador.
(c) The president of Uruguay.
(d) Che Guevara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magda give up when she decides she cannot be with Jaime?
2. After the duel, what picture is in the newspaper the next day?
3. What does Emilia promise her mother?
4. In 1959, how old are Magda and Emilia?
5. What is the ethnicity of Magda's barrio?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)