|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ethnicity of Magda's barrio?
(a) All ethnicities.
(b) Primarily European.
(c) Primarily native Uruguayan.
(d) Primarily Mexican.
2. What does Marco's mother accuse her son of wanting?
(a) Wanting America to take over the country.
(b) Wanting Uruguay to become a state of another country.
(c) Wanting Uruguay to become democratic.
(d) Changing Uruguay into a communist state.
3. What is Josefa's relationship to Magda?
(a) She is the girl's neighbor.
(b) She is the girl's aunt.
(c) She is the girl's maid.
(d) She is the girl's nurse.
4. Why do Sofia's actions disgrace Magda's parents?
(a) Sofia is dating an unacceptable suitor.
(b) Magda's parents have to pay for Sofia's hotel room.
(c) Magda's parents are the twins' legal guardians.
(d) Sofia is not related to them.
5. What does Magda notice at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The laborers are singing.
(b) The fields are rotting.
(c) The first fully-bloomed poinsettia.
(d) The clouds are darkening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "makes brothers and sisters of all who drink it?"
2. With whom does Marco march on the Cerro?
3. What does Magda suggest that she and Emilia do to lighten the mood in Chapter 5?
4. What do Emilia and Magda naively collect from the river?
5. What do Magda and Emilia hear being spoke about at Senora Francisca's home?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)