|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Magda hears Senora Francisca yelling?
(a) The senora throws her husband's belongings at the lady.
(b) The senora shoots the lady.
(c) The senora slaps the lady.
(d) The senora throws her husband's belongings out the window.
2. How does Senora Francisca keep her husband from spending any more money?
(a) She buys all new furniture and sends him the bill.
(b) She puts a freeze on his bank account.
(c) She burns all of his money.
(d) She gives all his money to his mistress.
3. In Chapter17, what does Magda overhear from her employer that disturbs her?
(a) The philosophy of torture.
(b) His desire for Magda.
(c) His hatred of America.
(d) His desire to wipe out everyone in Uruguay.
4. What is shocking about the woman who comes to the barrio?
(a) She is extremely old.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is foreign.
(d) She is very ugly.
5. Why is the woman angry at Senor Ruben?
(a) He left her for a young mistress.
(b) He lied to her about the beauty of his wife.
(c) He lied to her about not being married.
(d) He got her pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Magda see Janet and other American students?
2. What sight awes the Uruguayan students?
3. What evidence does Magda come across that supports what she overheard from her employer?
4. Who else does Magda believe visits Senora Francisca at night?
5. Whom does the woman in Chapter 6 go to visit?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)