1. Where does this novel take place?
(a) Mexico City, Mexico.
(b) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(c) Santiago, Chile.
(d) Montevideo, Uruguay.
2. Who stays at the Cerro?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The middle class and the laborers.
(c) The government workers.
(d) The poor and the soldiers.
3. From what point of view is this story told?
(c) Multiple-person point of view.
(d) Omnipresent narrator.
4. Who is Magda's best friend?
5. What does Magda admire about her best friend?
(a) Her sense of adventure.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her sensitivity and intelligence.
6. What is always in view of the girls?
(a) A portrait of Che Guevara.
(b) The government prison.
(c) The estrella federal.
(d) A giant cross.
7. Why does Gabriela make daily rounds through the village?
(a) She delivers food.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is begging for food or clothing.
(d) She is delivering mended garments.
8. Why do Magda and Emilia hide in Gabriela's wagon?
(a) They want to know where she lives.
(b) They want to take back what their mothers had given Gabriela.
(c) They want to run away from their homes.
(d) They want to play a prank on their parents.
This section contains 4,728 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)