• Magda and Emilia sneak into Gabriela's wagon.
• Gabriela returns the girls home, but not before making friends with both of them.
• Cora, a mysterious new girl, moves into the barrio, sparking Magda and Emilia's interest.
• Josefa tells Magda a traditional bedtime story about mate, a Uruguayan tea that is meant to make friends.
• The women in Magda's family are uneasy about the catcalls they receive from the men and the aggression that has been lately displayed.
• Magda's cousin, Sofia (twin to Carmen), gets in trouble for leaving a hotel with a boy.
• After some flowers for Cora are mistakenly delivered to Magda, Magda and Emilia finally meet the girl who wants to be their friend.
• Emilia begins to look for some strength in her increasingly unstable life.
• Cora is able to come to another girl's house with Magda and Emilia, and the three girls...
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)