* Magda and Emilia sneak into Gabriela's wagon.
* Gabriela returns the girls home, but not before making friends with both of them.
* Cora, a mysterious new girl, moves into the barrio, sparking Magda and Emilia's interest.
* Josefa tells Magda a traditional bedtime story about mate, a Uruguayan tea that is meant to make friends.
* The women in Magda's family are uneasy about the catcalls they receive from the men and the aggression that has been lately displayed.
* Magda's cousin, Sofia (twin to Carmen), gets in trouble for leaving a hotel with a boy.
* After some flowers for Cora are mistakenly delivered to Magda, Magda and Emilia finally meet the girl who wants to be their friend.
* Emilia begins to look for some strength in her increasingly unstable life.
* Cora is able to come to another girl's house with Magda and Emilia, and the three girls...
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)