|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used to inform the Special Forces team?
2. Where were the dignitaries from on the ship that the Lady crashed into?
3. What are Topiltzin and Yazid's real names?
4. What did Yazid do?
5. What didn't Ammar do that aggravated Collins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Special Forces team mess up?
2. Why would no archaeologist back what Pitt was saying about Venator coming to the Americas?
3. What does Pitt know the terrorists are aware of?
4. Where is the best location for the scrolls to be if they are to maintain their cohesion and readability? Where is the worst?
5. How does Hala Kamil feel about Julius' visit and what he plans?
6. How did the Capesterres start up their crime family?
7. What was interesting about the cargo that was loaded onto the Lady Flamborough to the person that loaded it?
8. How did Yeager manage to find that Venator had been at Barnaget Bay in New Jersey?
9. What is the difference between papyrus and parchment?
10. What information is missing on Yazid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how much was accomplished due to the aid of technology. What kinds of things wouldn't have been surmountable without the technology of the era? What kinds of things are available now that weren't when this book was written that would aid the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Robert and Paul as brothers. Who was more likely to gain a monopoly and why? What do you think would have changed if either brother was able to overthrow completely the existing government and assume control? Examine how life would change as though it were a real possibility that this could happen.
Essay Topic 3
Assume that the treasures of the Alexandria Library exist somewhere. How would you go about finding them? Who, in the real world, would you enlist to help you and why? What would you hope most to find once you had found them? Outline your theories on where to search.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)