|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the familiar odor Dirk smelled?
2. What is the plan if the leaders don't turn up?
3. What is bothering President Hasan physically?
4. What does Ammar plan to do about the Lady Flamborough?
5. What kind of metal were the scrolls stored in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Capesterres start up their crime family?
2. Why would no archaeologist back what Pitt was saying about Venator coming to the Americas?
3. Who admires Giordino and why?
4. What sounds like a "grand plan" to the President and to Douglas Oates?
5. Why does Hala change her mind and decide to announce the immanent discovery of the antiquities?
6. In what ways did Ismail's inexperience show through?
7. What changes did Ammar undergo to look the part of Captain Collins?
8. What information bothers Yeager and Dirk?
9. What did Captain Collins consider inhuman?
10. What information is missing on Yazid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character profile of Topiltzin. What kind of person is he? What would he be most likely to do to his opposition? In what ways would he handle criticism? Who would he be most likely comparable to in our world?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of information does the Latin logs of Cuccius reveal about that time frame? What does it reveal in answers to questions in the story? What kind of hope does this leave for the actual location of the relics of Alexandria?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay from research on airplane crash survivors. What kinds of things did they have to do in the name of survival? Do you think you could do the same? Why or why not? Do you think this is an accurate answer, or do you think that you might change your mind in the heat of the actual situation?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)