|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Colonel Morton Hollis so sure of his team?
2. What was the look on the face of the Arab that tried to lob the grenade through the window?
3. What year is the Bordeaux wine from?
4. How long did it take them to store the cargo?
5. What was Pitt's part of the mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Special Forces team mess up?
2. Why would no archaeologist back what Pitt was saying about Venator coming to the Americas?
3. What kind of things were loaded onto the Lady Flamborough?
4. What did Captain Collins consider inhuman?
5. What is the difference between papyrus and parchment?
6. What was the easiest excuse to get the security guards into the room to be killed? How were they killed?
7. How did the Lady Flamborough escape notice?
8. What does Pitt know the terrorists are aware of?
9. Why does Hala change her mind and decide to announce the immanent discovery of the antiquities?
10. What happens when Ammar pushes the button for the detonation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay from research on airplane crash survivors. What kinds of things did they have to do in the name of survival? Do you think you could do the same? Why or why not? Do you think this is an accurate answer, or do you think that you might change your mind in the heat of the actual situation?
Essay Topic 2
How are the Alexandria artifacts a matter of National Security? What could be gained through this conflict? Whose side do you take in the battle to stay on site--Pitt's or the President's? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dirk Pitt and James Bond. How are the two characters similar? How are they different? How do you think the world would react to such a character in real life?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)