|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt believe the hijacker of the Lady Flamborough is aware of?
2. What was used to inform the Special Forces team?
3. Which way is the only escape route?
4. What was the familiar odor Dirk smelled?
5. What is the name of the ship that Dirk is going to take control of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would no archaeologist back what Pitt was saying about Venator coming to the Americas?
2. How did the Special Forces team mess up?
3. What was the easiest excuse to get the security guards into the room to be killed? How were they killed?
4. What happens when Ammar pushes the button for the detonation?
5. What information bothers Yeager and Dirk?
6. What does Pitt know the terrorists are aware of?
7. Where is the best location for the scrolls to be if they are to maintain their cohesion and readability? Where is the worst?
8. Why does Hala change her mind and decide to announce the immanent discovery of the antiquities?
9. What kind of things were loaded onto the Lady Flamborough?
10. How does Hala Kamil feel about Julius' visit and what he plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Those with the knowledge have the power to rule. Explain through research how with great knowledge comes responsibility. Explain how some people have lost their way in the pursuit of knowledge and how you think this is possible.
Essay Topic 2
What are some mainstream scientific hypothesis that are aren't acknowledged as fact? Take at least two events in history and imagine ways to prove their accuracy. Don't forget to answer the five W's to do with the situation.
Essay Topic 3
What does Dirk's action regarding the crash say about his personality? Why do you think he fought so hard to save those people he didn't know? What would you have done in his position?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)