|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dirk ask Lily?
2. Who will die before Venator?
3. How many barbarians attacked?
4. What captivated Dirk Pitt?
5. Who do the world leaders determine would have anything to gain by hijacking the planeload of UN delegates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the tablets suit any known geographical location?
2. How was Rivas traced to Nichols?
3. Why do the analysts believe that Ammar wasn't responsible for the poisoning of the other delegates?
4. What did Venator consider an acceptable sacrifice for the preservation of these artifacts?
5. Why was it so important that Venator got back to the ship?
6. What alerted one of the flight attendants to the situation in the cockpit?
7. Why didn't the sight of blood and the bodies sicken the impostor?
8. How is Giordino affected by the cold?
9. Why does the trail lead to Eduardo Ybarra?
10. Why are classical works of art and literature such a vital interest to the Government of the U.S.A?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of information does the Latin logs of Cuccius reveal about that time frame? What does it reveal in answers to questions in the story? What kind of hope does this leave for the actual location of the relics of Alexandria?
Essay Topic 2
Research a time in history in which a political leader did the opposite of what was expected of them at the time. Explain the backlash that occurred afterwards. Imagine something like this happened with a present political figure. How could it affect the world?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dirk Pitt and James Bond. How are the two characters similar? How are they different? How do you think the world would react to such a character in real life?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)