|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is for dessert?
2. Who was Dirk Pitt's closest friend since childhood?
3. Who abandoned Venator?
4. What had Rivas suspected when he met Topiltzin?
5. Who rescued Lily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once they have rescued both the archaeologists and the survivors of the crash, what does Dirk turn his attention to?
2. What things did Rivas say the President of the USA wanted with him?
3. Why does the trail lead to Eduardo Ybarra?
4. Why did Topiltzin kill Rivas?
5. What was preventing Pitt from finding the archaeologists camp and how did he eventually find it?
6. How was Rivas traced to Nichols?
7. Why might the tablets suit any known geographical location?
8. What did Lily say in regards to Redfern?
9. Why was it so important that Venator got back to the ship?
10. How does Venator approach conflict over Severus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Robert and Paul as brothers. Who was more likely to gain a monopoly and why? What do you think would have changed if either brother was able to overthrow completely the existing government and assume control? Examine how life would change as though it were a real possibility that this could happen.
Essay Topic 2
How are the Alexandria artifacts a matter of National Security? What could be gained through this conflict? Whose side do you take in the battle to stay on site--Pitt's or the President's? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how much was accomplished due to the aid of technology. What kinds of things wouldn't have been surmountable without the technology of the era? What kinds of things are available now that weren't when this book was written that would aid the characters?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)