|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many books were in the library alone in Alexandria?
2. What did they call the Eskimo village?
3. How is Dirk going to get an extension on where the Arctic Explorer was stationed?
4. What did the tunnel widen into?
5. Who abandoned Venator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the steward of Flight 106 attempting to do and why?
2. Why do the analysts believe that Ammar wasn't responsible for the poisoning of the other delegates?
3. What alerted one of the flight attendants to the situation in the cockpit?
4. How was Rivas traced to Nichols?
5. Who was the last one to fall and what did he do?
6. What did Lily say in regards to Redfern?
7. Why did Topiltzin kill Rivas?
8. Why might the tablets suit any known geographical location?
9. How is Giordino affected by the cold?
10. Why are classical works of art and literature such a vital interest to the Government of the U.S.A?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the way Hala and Topiltzin hold a crowd's attention? What does this say about who they are as people? As leaders? Who do you think you would be more inclined to listen to? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Clive Cussler with Dirk Pitt. How is the author alike to the character he created? What are his obvious shortcomings? How is the author different from Dirk Pitt? What do you think of authors that choose to create a character that shares their interests?
Essay Topic 3
How would the technology of today have made the abduction of the Lady Flamborough impossible? How would it have aided the search for the lost treasures of the Alexandria Library?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)