|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was plotting to kill Kamil?
2. Who rescued Lily?
3. What was Dale Nichols clipping from papers?
4. What shape is the poison guava?
5. What was the extent of Gronquist's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the steward of Flight 106 attempting to do and why?
2. What identifying characteristics would an early merchant vessel have that would be identifiable to Dirk?
3. What alerted one of the flight attendants to the situation in the cockpit?
4. Why are classical works of art and literature such a vital interest to the Government of the U.S.A?
5. Why do the analysts believe that Ammar wasn't responsible for the poisoning of the other delegates?
6. How is Giordino affected by the cold?
7. Why might the tablets suit any known geographical location?
8. Why would recovery of the sub be a difficult endeavor?
9. What did Venator consider an acceptable sacrifice for the preservation of these artifacts?
10. Why didn't the sight of blood and the bodies sicken the impostor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assume that the treasures of the Alexandria Library exist somewhere. How would you go about finding them? Who, in the real world, would you enlist to help you and why? What would you hope most to find once you had found them? Outline your theories on where to search.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dirk Pitt and James Bond. How are the two characters similar? How are they different? How do you think the world would react to such a character in real life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dirk's relationship with his father. How are they similar? How are they different? In what ways do you think the Senator may have been like his son when he was younger? Why do you think his father never developed the way about him Dirk has?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)