|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudy say in regards to Dirk?
(a) He's a good man
(b) He'll outlive them all
(c) Only the good die young, Dirk'll live forever
(d) He'll die with honor
2. Who did the crew of the Lady Flamborough think was about to come aboard and inspect the ship?
(b) Immigration officials
(d) Security personnel
3. Who was Clayton Findley?
(a) A geological surveyor
(b) One of the Sounder's scientists and someone who knew the island
(c) One of Hollis' men
(d) A friend of Senator Pitt, and advisor to the President
4. Whose ring does the Senator use to carve a hole in the window and fiberglass?
(a) President De Lorenzo's wife
(b) President De Lorenz's
(c) President Hasan's
(d) Hala Kamil's
5. What does Ammar plan to do about the Lady Flamborough?
(a) Marry her
(b) Make her disappear
(c) Make her, her passengers, and crew disappear
(d) Murder her
6. What was Hala's first concern for?
(a) The health of the President of Egypt
(b) The families of the men who gave their lives for her
(c) The health of Dirk, Lily and Al
(d) Her own health
7. How long did it take them to store the cargo?
(a) Three hours, fifteen minutes
(b) Two and a half hours
(c) Four hours
(d) Three hours
8. What is bothering President Hasan physically?
(a) His back
(b) His knuckles
(c) His feet
(d) His knees
9. Who can Giordino sympathize with?
(a) Davy Crockett at the Alamo
(b) David Locket at the Alamo
(c) King Edward at the Second at the Battle of Belfast
(d) A king when his castle is under siege
10. Who is footing the bill for the Cord's repair?
(a) Dirk Pitt
(b) Senator Pitt
(c) Hala Kamil
(d) The government
11. What did Gronquist call his thieving of the expensive cigars from Admiral Sandecker?
(a) Operation Smoke Screen
(b) Operation Stogie
(c) Operation Puff
(d) Operation Blue Smoke
12. What delayed Dillinger?
(a) He was killed by Ammar
(b) He slipped and shattered his ankle
(c) He fell in a crevasse
(d) He discovered the charges laid by Ammar
13. Who rescues Kamil?
(d) All of these
14. Which way is the only escape route?
(a) Using Kamil's bodyguards as human shields
(b) Through the house
(c) Through the center of town
(d) The way they came
15. Why does Ammar need Finney?
(a) To be honest with the passengers
(b) To convince the Presidents of Ammar's authenticity
(c) To read the charts
(d) To navigate
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for "the Art of Grammar"?
2. What is the Cord's top speed?
3. How many square kilometers had been scoured in the search for the Lady?
4. What was used to inform the Special Forces team?
5. What kind of atmosphere would the scrolls need to remain intact?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)