|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main infantry weapon of Rome of that time?
(a) A shield
(b) A gun
(c) The Gladius, their double-edged pointed sword
(d) A spear
2. What was the package destined for the President wrapped in?
(a) Red silk
(b) Red cotton
(c) White cotton
(d) White silk
3. Where had Dr. Redfern been when he was summoned?
(c) Las Angeles
4. Where was the Secretary General heading?
(a) St. Petersburg
(c) New York
5. What did Nichols hate about the pathology laboratories?
(a) Their etherlike smell
(b) Their sterility
(c) Their ominous connection with death
(d) They seemed like the settings for horror movies
6. What was the Serapis' captain's name?
(a) Cuccius Rufinus
(b) Artamus Busteris
(c) Ptolem Cusicus
(d) George Williams
7. How far from the shore did the aircraft come to a stop?
(a) Fifty meters
(b) Twenty meters
(c) Thirty meters
8. What months can the team work in the Arctic?
(a) May though September
(b) March through November
(c) April through October
(d) April through September
9. What silver symbol was atop a lance?
(a) Scorpio the Scorpion
(b) Aries the ram
(c) Taurus the bull
(d) Zeus, King of Gods
10. What had he been working on?
(a) A second century BC merchant ship that sunk with a load of marble sculptures
(b) A fourth century BC underwater ruin
(c) A second century BC sailing vessel with nothing on board
(d) A third century BC merchant ship that had sunk with a load of tapestries
11. Who rescued Lily?
(c) Dirk Pitt
12. What is preventing Yazid's ascent to power?
(a) The Egyptian President
(b) The US President
(c) The US government official, Nichols
(d) Hala Kamil
13. What was Dale Nichols clipping from papers?
(a) Articles on Topiltzin
(b) Articles regarding Aztec principles and beliefs
(c) Articles about foreign powers in Egypt
(d) Articles about the discoveries of the Arctic Explorer
14. What did the Polar Explorer intend to do for the Army Special Service Force?
(a) To offer the men lodging for the night
(b) To turn over the victims right away
(c) To be a command post
(d) To give them their statements
15. What did Lily find that was such a rare discovery?
(a) A gold figurine
(b) A map
(c) Silver wire
(d) A gold coin
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the barbarian girl?
2. What was in the briefcase?
3. What color did the sky turn in the morning?
4. What is for dessert?
5. Who did Lily say she was?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)